Chapter 29 - Ibiki, That Weird Guy

Dedicated to @lexikee12 for following, and all your great comments! Thank you so much! ^_^

Recap:

I sweatdropped. "True, I was a little careless, but next time I won't be-"

"Say what, you little brat!" Naruto shouted at Inari, before pointing his finger at him again. "Now listen up! I'm a super hero who's gonna become an awesome Ninja named Hokage in the future! I don't know if it's Gato or Chocalat or whatever...."

I anime fell again.

"I'm not worried about these guys, at all! Believe it!" Naruto said determinedly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 29 - Ibiki, That Weird Guy

Kumiko's P.O.V.

"Huh, a hero. That's ridiculous! There's no such thing!" Inari muttered scornfully.

"What did you say?!" Naruto shouted angrily, before trying to charge at Inari, but Sakura held him back.

"If you don't want to die, you better hurry up and go home...." He warned, before leaving.

I frowned. 'How depressing.'

"Inari, where are you going?" Tazuna asked.

"The sea....I'll be looking at the sea..." Inari answered, exiting the room.

"I apologize." Tazuna sighed.

I watched Naruto as he bristled in anger, and stormed to the doorway.

"Naru-kun, wait!" I called.

He stopped, turning around. "What is it, Kumi-chan?"

"Don't chase after him. He looked like...." I trailed off. 'Like he was about to cry, and to be left alone.'

"Whatever." Naruto deflated, sliding the door closed and coming back to us.

Soon afterwards,  Kakashi-sensei (who was using crutches) brought us outside of Tazuna's house, into the nearby forest. There, he and Sakura explained chakra to Naruto, who had forgotten parts of my lesson that I tried to teach him before the graduation exam. After a bit, Kakashi-sensei threw a kunai in front of the other three Genin.

"Use that kunai to mark the spot where you can climb up with your own strength now. Next, make an effort to put a mark further up the tree from it. You guys aren't good enough to walk up from the start, so run and used your momentum to get used to it...You got it?" Kakashi-sensei instructed.

"Hai!" The three say in unison, and grab the kunai in front of them.

"Hn. Kakashi-sensei, what would you like me to do?" I asked.

"Hey! Why doesn't Kumi-chan try to climb trees too?" Naruto questioned us in confusion.

I smile softly at Naruto. "Naru-kun, I've learned that from Ibiki-sensei last year."

"Oh! That weird guy! Ibiki, I think was his name!" Naruto shouted as realization lights up his eyes, and I facepalm.

'That weird guy? Ibiki-sensei would probably have a fit.' I sweatdropped. "Yeah, I guess."

"Anyways, I was told about your extra training. Hmm....Do you have any ideas in mind for improving yourself?" Kakashi-sensei asked, interested in my answer.

"Hn. I guess I could practice taijutsu, since while my Sharingan was fast enough to track Zabuza's movements, I wasn't fast enough to avoid him." I answered thoughtfully.

Kakashi-sensei nodded. "That's a good idea. Unfortunately, I can't move much," He gestured to his crutches. "So you would need to work on that by yourself."

I nodded. "Yes, Sensei!"

"This training is nothing! Hah, it's too easy for me!" Naruto declared, confident.  "After all, I'm the man who's grown the most!"

I facepalmed. "Naru-kun, it's a lot harder than you think it is...."

Naruto ignores me, and I sweatdrop again.

"Enough with the talk, try climbing any tree." Kakashi-sensei instructed, and they began focusing chakra to their feet.

'Speaking of focusing, I should focus on my own training.' I walk over to Kakashi-sensei. "Sensei, do you mind if I move to another clearing?" I asked.

"Sure." Kakashi-sensei shrugged. "But make sure it's nearby, and I have to watch these three in case they get high enough to fall to their deaths." He said casually, shrugging.

I nodded, before picking my way deeper into the forest. I finally came into a clearing, and pulled several spools of wire and faux exploding paper bombs. I sweatdropped, remembering when I tried to make them, I nearly killed myself. Now, they only create a cloud of fire-yellow colored pollen around the same size of an actual explosion, and they covered your clothing and yourself if you were 'hit' by the 'explosion.' They were pretty safe to use, which was good for practice.

I ran around, weaving the wire in between the trees and branches, and putting the faux paper bombs around here. A long time later, I finally created a almost web-like trap. Carefully, I weaved my way back to the clearing, not touching any of the wires. I took a deep breath, and cut one of the wires with a sharp kunai, setting off all the traps at once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Panting, I collapsed to the forest ground. 'I might've gone overboard with some of those traps.' I thought to myself. I glanced over my body quickly, seeing a few patches of yellow on my feet and elbow. 'I would be missing a foot, and my left arm would have been useless. I probably would have died if that was an real explosion.' I thought grimly, before encasing my entire outer body with chakra, making the pollen fall off. It was a  special kind of pollen-It reacted to chakra by moving away from it.

I sat on the green forest grass as I leaned against a tree. 'Hmm...Setting it up took about a hour, and setting it off and 'escaping' probably took about twenty minutes... I improved, if only a little.' "Hn. I'll take a short break." I murmured out loud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eh?" Why am I here again?" I blinked, seeing the golden gates in front of me again.

An amused voice purrs, 'Because I wanted to talk to you, kit. You're currently unconscious now."

My mouth dropped. "Eh?! You can do that?!" I exclaimed in surprise to the blue Juubi.

She sweatdropped. "Don't worry, I won't pull you in the middle of battle. I said you were interesting, didn't I?"

I shrugged. "I was just surprised you can do things like that, ehehe...." I laughed. "So why did you want to talk to me, Juubi-san?"

"Well...." She began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please:

VOTE!

COMMENT!

AND FOLLOW!

-Kuro Neko (Bloody_Moon)