Ch. Three- Settling In Konoha

***Mashimoto Kishimoto owns Naruto. I own Kumiko and Natsumi.***

Recap:

She glanced at the clock. It was 11pm. Then she went to bed, and pretended to be sleeping. She did all this without making a sound.

Someone knocked on the door and then opened it. "Kumiko?" asked Natsumi. She smiled at the girl "sleeping". "Kumiko, you couldn't sleep, huh?" asked Natsumi. Kumiko was startled, but didn't show it. "Don't forget that I am a ninja, and since I'm a ninja, I could sense that you are still awake," stated Natsumi ."Good night, Kumiko." "Good night." croaked Kumiko. The entire night, Kumiko had trouble sleeping. She kept thinking about her family, and had a sleepless night.

Chapter Three- Settling In Konoha

***Next morning***

Kumiko woke to the smell of eggs and bacon cooking, it was just like her mom. "Mom?" asked Kumiko hopefully.

"No, it's just me," laughed Natsumi. Kumiko face fell slightly, and was glad that she had her mask on so Natsumi couldn't see her face. "Breakfast is served!" said Natsumi cheerfully.

Kumiko cleared her throat softly, "Umm, Natsumi?"

"Yeah?" asked Natsumi absently.

"I want-I want to thank you for helping me. You're so kind. I mean, you didn't have to, and you did, and-" Kumiko spoke in a rush, but was stopped by Natsumi covering Kumiko's mouth (well, where her mouth would be if she didn't wear a mask).

"Yeah, I get it. You're welcome. Don't worry. Besides, my ninja way is to help people in danger. That's why I became one, you know," she said smiling sadly. "If-" she bit her lip and restarted. "If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me about you?"

Kumiko nodded. "Alright."Kumiko began, "Well, I can't remember anything from when I was five and younger, but I can remember everything after that." So Kumiko started her story, and what happened to her. The only thing she didn't tell was about the magic items, as her sister told her to keep quiet. In turn, Natsumi began to talk about Kohona, as she would be living there soon. Kumiko ate with one hand on her mask slightly pulled up so her face wasn't shown.

***Twelve days later***

"Hey, Kumiko-chan! Pack up now! We're going to leave in three hours, so if you need to do anything, just meet me back here.....". Natsumi trailed off.

"Thanks, Natsumi-san," smiled Kumiko.

"Eh. No prob. And stop calling me that! Just 'chan' would be all right." replied Natsumi. "Say... would you like to go back to your house? To get some of your stuff?"

Kumiko nodded slowly.

Natsumi picked up everything. "Let's go, Kumiko-chan!"

As they got to the Sand village, Natsumi seemed to realize something.

"Oops, what if the corpses are still there?" she muttered under her breath. Then she froze and looked at Kumiko, who was looking at Natsumi.

"Err.... You didn't hear anything! Nothing at all!" She frantically covered Kumiko's ears.

Kumiko decided to pretend she didn't hear anything. "Eh? Did you say something, Natsumi-chan?"

"Er...no."

(A/N: Natsumi can tell if Kumiko is sleeping or not, but can't tell if she was lying... XD)

"Er, Kumiko-chan, please stay here first, and I'll come back in a few minutes."