25. Le Plus Mignon

Start from the beginning

"Then I definitely want to come with you."

"Are you crazy, mom?"

"A little. But I have changed now, I am not that weak woman now. And I want to be there because I want him to see what he is missing out on. I want him to be a real father to you. And I think only I can make that happen." she was determined.

"You don't need to do this." I interfered.

"I know I don't need to. I want to."

"Okay, then we can't stop you." Shiv said.

.

We returned to the hotel and got to packing.

Mostly he did because I made him while I sat down, admiring the ring on my finger.

"Take care of it." Shiv said, breaking me out of my trance.

"I will. It is just so beautiful I don't want to take it off."

"Then don't. It will be better that way. Take it off once we reach home."

"But I am worried. What if I lose it?"

"You won't. Wear it for now, take it off if you don't feel comfortable."

"Okay." I said and kissed him as he sat down beside me.

"We should sleep. We have a flight back home tomorrow."

"I don't want to go. We will get so much closer to our problems. This feels nice." I said while snuggling up on his torso.

"Just think of the good parts, you are going to move in and we will get to redecorate the kids' room. We have time." he said and I felt my eyes droop.

"I love you." I said and fell into a deep sleep.

"I love you the most." was all I heard before I slipped.

.

The alarm rang at 5 a.m. in the morning. I woke up but Shiv was still in a deep sleep. I took a quick shower and woke him up.

"Go and get ready. I am sleeping, wake me up when we have to go."

I slept off again.

.

"Hey wake up! We are going to be late." he said as he lathered me with kisses to wake me up.

"I am not going to complain if I have to wake up like this everyday." I sat up and rubbed the sleep off of my eyes.

"Come on now, our taxi is downstairs."

He pulled me by my hand carefully and we went downstairs where I sat on the waiting chairs while he checked out. I was still too sleepy to even stand up straight.

"Are you done yet?" I whined.

"Just a minute babe. You can sleep on the flight, don't sleep now or I will have to carry you." he said and I pretended to fall asleep with my head resting on the headrest of the comfortable chair.

"No! I want to sleep." I said when he pulled me up from the chair and made me stand as the person on the counter handed him the bill.

"You just want me to carry you, mostly." he rolled his eyes.

"Tu es un couple si mignon. Merci et j'espère que vous avez passé un agréable séjour." the middle aged lady said. She probably didn't know any language other than french.

You are a cute couple. Thank you and I hope you had a pleasant stay.

"Merci beaucoup!" I said. Thank me for taking up French since grade 1.

"How did you know what she said?"

"I know French. I took it as an extra language since I was in 1st grade."

"Okay. What did she say?"

"You are a cute couple but this man is pretty dumb." I said to annoy him.

"Come on now, you know she didn't say that." he whined.

"But she did."

"No she didn't. Tell me what she said." he pressured.

"She thought we are cute and hoped we had a pleasant stay. Fine now? Happy?"

"Oh! But I am not cute."

"Oh, I know. Atleast I am." I teased him.

"That is true." he said and pecked my lips.

.

During the flight back, I slept half the time and chatted with his mom during the other half. She told me how she struggled after leaving India. She had little money and a bag of clothes, her husband took any of the jewellery she had other than the ring she hid in her bag with two gold sets of necklaces with matching earrings. She told her best friend about her situation and went to live with her in Paris. She sold the two sets of jewellery and started her company with the money she got. She had multiple offices and stores across all of France after everything that happened.

Her story gave me hope that everything works out in the end if you are strong enough.

"Wow! You are amazing. I would be lucky if I was half as strong as you are."

"Don't say that. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. You came across the world to get away from your parents, you are going to have these babies and you know there are going to be things happening because of it, if people know. You said no to marrying him because you know that would be the easiest thing. You are really strong, you just have to feel the power." she encouraged me. "And I am so happy that a woman like you came in his life. I know that he never even had a girlfriend, he was always the person to play around with girls. You should realise how much he loves you if he even thought about starting a family with you."

"I do realise that. I am lucky to have him, he is definitely the best thing to ever happen to me." I said as I looked at his sleeping figure next to me. His lips slightly parted and his eyes showed not even a single sign of stress that was mostly present there when he was conscious. 

His eyelashes fluttered slightly and he opened his eyes to see me watching him.

"Hey." I whispered.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he said while rubbing his eyes.

"Because you make me happy."

And then I kissed him as the plane landed in London.