chapter twenty-one

Start from the beginning

"You get ready so slow." I said to Marley, searching for my phone in the pile of my stuff on the floor from last night.

"Sorry, some of us require a little TLC in the mornings Miss 'I date the Captain of USA Hockey and act like thats not a huge fucking deal'" Marley teased, standing up.

"Hey! You're boyfriends pretty cute too, last I checked." I laughed.

"Awe, thank you Peyton." Alex said from the door.

"Where's little man?" I asked.

"Playing with Chris." Alex teased, earning a smack from me as I walked past him to Christopher's room.

Chris was still in his jammies, jumping up and down on his bed while Jack stood at the foot of it with a huge smile.

"So, I'm gonna count to three and then I'm gonna jump. You catch me and fly me around the room." Chris giggled.

"Okay buddy." Jack smiled.

Chris counted and jumped into Jack's arms as he hoisted him over his head and shuffled around the room.

"Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's Super-Chris!" Jack narrated before plopping him down on his bed and tickling him.

Jack looked up at the door frame and saw me leaned against it and shot me a wink.

"Hey!" I smiled, earning Chris's attention. "Why aren't you dressed?" I asked.

"Well, I don't know what I'm supposed to wear Peyton!" Chris said, jumping up to his feet.

"That's what Jack and Alex were supposed to do," I smiled, walking into the room and standing beside Jack.

"Oh because we are such fashion experts when it comes to dressing 5 year olds." Jack cracked as I smacked his butt before turning to Chris's closet.

"Are your teeth brushed?" I asked Chris and I heard a giggle escape his lips. "Get in there!" I laughed before hearing his little feet run out of his room.

"My baby looks good." Jack said, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind me.

"Eat your heart out." I smiled, leaning into him a little.

"Why do you like to tease me?" He grumbled.

"Cause I'm bad." I smiled evilly as I turned to face him and tossed a pair of khaki pants on Chris's bed.

"Oh are you now?" He laughed.

"Hey you two." Alex's voice called from the door. "Keep in mind you're in a childs room, okay?"

"Oh shut up." I laughed, throwing a ball of socks at him, which he caught and tossed back to me.

"Don't act like you and Marley weren't alone in her room." Jack teased.

"Touché." Alex smiled, disappearing.

"So what are we doing today?" Chris asked, walking back into his room.

"Well," I smiled, lifting him up and plopping him on his bed. "How would you like to learn to skate from two of the best hockey players in the country?" I asked and Christopher's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. "Oh and Jack and Alex."

"Uh!" Jack laughed, making Chris giggle.

"C'mon let's get you dressed." I smiled.

I dressed Chris in the khaki pants I picked with a white t-shirt and a blue quarter zip over top and paired it with his little white sneakers.

"Woah-oh! Stud alert!" Marley said from the door.

"Well now I have to change." Alex said, seeing as he was in sweats.