Zane looked at the four of you curiously for a moment. "I don't remember my parents. I've been an orphan all of my life." He stated rather calmly, making you and the others cringe as you shared looks. "You mean you've never had a home?" Kai implied, as Zane averted his attention to the floor, shaking his head solemnly. You frowned, before putting on a smile and walking over to him. "Hey, the monastery is your home now." you entreated, but his sad expression did not filter. Instead, he just walked away, head down in sadness. All you could do was watch guiltily as his usual joyful demeanour crumbled before your very eyes. You sighed, walking back inside also. You then watched a comedy with all four of the boys, and Nya of course, to try and brighten the diminishing mood. But of course, it failed horribly.

。o○☆

FINALLY, dinner was ready. You could smell the delicious, mouth-watering scent of Zane's famous home cooked meals, pulling you towards the dining room. You slid open the door, revealing the four boys sat eagerly at the table. "At last! She shows!" Kai exaggerated as you closed the door, walking towards the table and taking a seat. "Right! We've been waiting forever to eat and I'm starving! It was torture!" Jay cried, overdoing it slightly. You rolled your eyes, "Well, now that I'm here, you can dig in. So shut up." you joked. "You don't have to tell me twice," Jay said, as he then began stuffing his face. You saw Nya's look of disapproval at Jay, to which he stopped and looked at her. "What?" he said, his voice muffled by the large amount of shrimp packed into his mouth. Nya sighed, "Nothing."

"I love it when it's Zane's night to cook!" Jay complimented the food for what seemed like the 5000th time. "Hey, I didn't hear any complaints about my duck chowder last night," Cole explained rather proudly. But in fact, even the thought of the meal made you cringe. "That's because it glued our mouths shut." Kai insulted, making Cole pout. "It's true. You really thought Jay was speechless all through dinner?" you asked sarcastically, earning a glare from Jay as he crossed his arms in mock offence. "Yeah. Please don't make that again." he agreed. In the corner of your eye, you could see Zane coming through with another course. He placed the large chicken onto the table, but instead of your attention being on the food, it was more set on Zane's ridiculous pink apron.

Jay snorted, and everyone bursted out laughing. Whilst Zane stood, frowning with confusion. "What's so funny?" he asked, clearly not understanding the humoured laughs around him. Nya chuckled, "Zane, you're wearing a..." she paused, "Well, even I wouldn't wear that!" she laughed, the others snickering along with her. "You laugh because I take steps to ensure I am clean after cooking?" Zane wondered, still not meeting eye to eye. "Ha-ha! No, we laugh because your wearing that ridiculous outfit!" Kai explained to his friend, and they all began laughing once more. "I guess we don't share the same sense of humour." Zane concluded. Cole shrugged, "Well, how about this?" Cole said, grabbing the plate of shrimps and throwing it into Kai's face, to which he jumped back in surprise. You all roar in laughter, almost doubling-over from his reaction. Clutching your stomach, you watched as Kai glared angrily at Cole, while Cole laughed it off. Whilst Zane had still not moved. He showed no indication of forced seriousness, his face was just completely neutral. Cole sighed, "How could you not find that funny?" he asked between laughs.

Slipping away from your seat at the table, you grabbed a bowl of hot soup and walked up behind Cole, before dumping it straight onto his head. He squealed like a girl, almost falling off of his chair as a small drip of the liquid fell down his forehead and down to his nose, to which he licked it off. You snigger into your hand, nobody being able to keep in their laughs. You tried to calm yourself, "Now, you are brothers." you said, placing your hand on both Cole and Zane's shoulder. You winked at Zane, before sitting back down at the table. Jay then scooped up a pile of fruits, launching them at you. You barely dodged a strawberry, giggling childishly as you picked up a plate of spaghetti before throwing it back at him. You watched as it landed right in his face, the plate sliding off and falling onto the table once more. He had a devilish look in his eyes, as he picked up a bowl of sprouts and began throwing them one by one in your direction. "FIREEE!" he screamed, as you attempted to dodge the bullet-like objects. But that wasn't the only fight going on, Kai and Cole warred on the seat next to you, a piece of garlic bread in Cole's hand as he tried to smush it into Kai's face, but he caught his wrist and was now fighting him off. As for Nya, she had began throwing the leftover shrimps at Kai as he cringed. "Hey, no fair!" he cried as multiple foods hit him in the face, followed by a piece of garlic. God, how could Zane not laugh at this.