7. un village

(un village-baekyun)

After a lovely vegan dinner, Soojin decided to show me around her city of Seoul. The ride gave me a rush of adrenaline as the top was down. I took off my sweater and threw it in the back seat. I waved my arms in the arm as I felt the cool breeze give me goosebumps. Soojin's fingers were still on my thigh, which felt like something I just got so used to. I wanted more than that right now, though.

We pulled into a luxurious parking lot that was looked over by numerous buildings and trees. I got out of the car as Soojin placed her mink jacket on me. "Welcome to UN village." She wrapped her arm around my waist as we walked around. Her eyes twinkled like the street lights. "It's the heart of the city."

"How much does it cost to live here?"

"It's a little less exciting than Gangnam," Soojin said. "It's much more quiet and no one parties here...well except me when I want to." She intertwines her fingers with mine and I blushed. I never felt this way before with anyone. We wondered around the well-lit walking path. Many people were out smoking or talking. 

UN village seemed like a distant utopia from the city. It overlooked nature. The buildings were created damn near perfectly. It was nearing the hour where people usually went to bed, so lights were dim. Soojin opened the door to the lower level of an apartment building. "I bought this sector and rented it out to a family." She pointed to the door on the left. "That's them." There were stickers from a children's cartoon on it. I grinned. What a nice way to invest in money. We climbed the steps for what felt like forever until we got to the top. Opening her door, there was a small dog that ran up to her and began to lick her toes. "Haku!" She lifts up the dog. "You see this pretty girl?" She rubbed noses with the dog. "That's ShuShu."

There was no way that this girl could be dangerous.

"Where's Mata?" she asked the dog that just blinked in response. "I'm guessing Soyeonnie picked up your sibling, eh?" She turned to me. "Soyeon and I are co-parents to Haku and Mata. I take care of them both sometimes, but Soyeon usually leaves Haku with me when she's lonely."

A question began to boil in my mind. Soyeon would talk about Soojin a lot, according to Yuqi. Could it be that Soyeon had a bad experience dating Soojin? They co-parent dogs together. Soojin said that Soyeon was nothing without her. "Soojin..."

"Mm?" she chirps placing Haku down.

"Were you and Soyeon ever in a relationship?"

A loud guffaw. Soojin kicked off her heels and sat them aside the door and slid into what looked like real fur slippers. She gave me a matching pair. "If Soyeon and I ever dated, you would not be here right now and Yuqi would be dead." She guided me to the couch. "Soyeon and I are crazy about people we're involved with."

"How so?"

"We're in high places so we don't need our women getting hurt or caught up," Soojin said. She licked her lips that were still stained a seductive shade of cherry red. "I invited you over for pure reasons." She ran her hand against my forearm. I felt the hair on my skin begin to stand up. I longed for her to just take me and do what she wished but her actions were gentle. Her voice became soft. "Let me give you a tour."

She showed me her kitchen were there were two dog bowls with the names 'Haku' and 'Mata' on them. The kitchen overlooked Han River and the moon was shining above it. The view of the city was also present. Soon, she showed me her bedroom that had a walk-in closet that had every designer known to man hung up. On her nightstand there was a photo of her and some guy. I noticed she placed the frame face-down discreetly as she pulled me to the bed. "Lay with me."

"I'm not ready for sex yet," I said. But, the other half of me was saying otherwise. Soojin pulled me into her arms and kissed my forehead. Gosh, perfection.

"You're not one of my clients or anyone I just met on the street....you're special."

I raised my eyebrows. No one has ever called me that. The mundane lifestyle of mine seemed to be introduced to a light when I met Soojin. Her fingers wove into my hair as we laid there. "Have you ever dated anyone in general?" I wondered Soojin's romantic past. There were so many things I wanted to know. But, I felt like there were certain things I had to be okay without knowing. "If you want to know if I have...well, I haven't."

"I know you're a virgin to everything," Soojin chuckled. "I actually have been married before."

My eyes widened. Married? "How long has it been?"

"He's in jail right now," she said. "I was surprised that he signed those papers honestly. We divorced recently." She stopped playing with my hair. I think she sensed my worry. "Shuhua, we were split for a while before that."

I nibbled on my lip. "Uh...what did he go to jail for?"

"That's reaching for a territory you don't need to know about." Soojin sat up. I sat beside her. There was probably a lot of things I didn't need to ask. I frowned as she looked off at the window. "I left him behind, so you don't need to worry about him."

"I just thought you never were in love before..."

"I never loved him." She returned her gaze to me. "He never loved me either." She took my hand again and began to draw circles on my knuckles.

"Do you believe in love, though?" I asked with a lot of caution. I wanted to know that this was real. I hoped to prove Yuqi wrong. I knew there was good in Soojin.

"I thought we had this discussion....but if you make me believe maybe I will." She leaned into me. "You can make me believe in God, the way you move my heart." She took my chin and kissed my lips. All my doubts were erased in this moment. I felt every joint in my body relax and feel warm. I wanted her more than anything in life right now.

"Soojin....I'm yours."

She smirked at me. "You're so fucking-" her phone began to buzz loudly. "Excuse me." She went to answer it. I saw her walk out to the balcony to leave me on the bed. I fell back and rested my head on the pillow. I watched her motions through the blinds of the window. How could someone so genuine be a wolf? I reached out and felt the material of the bedding. This life was too amazing to turn down. And the owner of Seoul city wanted to give it to me. My heart began pounding in my ears thinking of thoughts I never dreamed of.

Though I only knew her for a week, I feel like I already fell in love.