6.talk fast

(talk fast-5sos)

I barely got sleep this morning as I knew that I was seeing Soojin again. I showered a brisk shower and began to binge watch some dramas. I felt so enamored by the way the couples interacted with each other on them. The gentle touch. The sweet kissing. Sweet nothings exchanged. My cheeks got hot. Soon I felt a buzz in my lap and it was Yuqi calling me. I quickly answered it. "Hey! I was wondering when I was going to get in touch with you!"

"Where were you last night? The girls said they literally saw you for twenty seconds and then poof," Yuqi said.

"Weren't you fucking around with Soyeon?"

"Hey, watch yourself. I'm your elder," Yuqi snapped. "You're like my baby. Were you with Soojin?"

I grin, recalling the details of the kiss and our conversation. I was so curious about Soojin. She was such an enigma. She smelled of flowers and cigarettes. Her car drove smooth. Her kisses were desperate and longing for me. I bit my lip. "And so what if I was?"

Yuqi sighed. "You should be careful about her. Soyeon told me...she's a wolf."

"And Soyeon's not?"

"Look, Soyeon's not actually bad. She's legal unlike Soojin. Soojin's like a gangster..."Yuqi huffed. "Just don't get too caught up."

People caring for me is sweet, but now I'm feeling like I can't make my own decisions. Back in Taiwan, my friends would date people while I watched on the sidelines. I was not even allowed to even think of boys...or girls. It was my first everything. It felt like my life had finally begun when Soojin took my hand. Yuqi sounded like everyone else, but all I could truly say was my uniformed answer that I made up for all of my older friends, "okay. I understand."

Yuqi began to talk about things for our internship but I began focused on what underwear was sexy enough to wear today. Also, what skirt would be cute for a date. I twirled around in different sets of undergarments while Yuqi rambled about the papers on speaker phone. Soon, she yells "SHUHUA! YEH SHUHUA!" and I gravitate back to Earth.

"Yes?"

"You're awfully quiet. You usually converse with me about work," Yuqi said in a bit of a down tone. I blink twice. "Did you drink at all at the party?"

I giggled. "I guess you could say that."

"Well, get some rest because we have an experiment tomorrow with a big name. Don't forget." Then there was a click.

I pulled on a dress and a sweater. I wondered if I looked too good for Soojin. I hiked up the dress a little bit so that it went a few inches above the knee. I heard a car honk outside. I checked the window to see Soojin outside with a black hat on and suit. I skipped down the steps to greet her. Soojin grabbed my by the waist. "Hey, there baby." She lifted my chin. "I was thinking I should take you to the new restaurant that Soyeon had opened and then maybe my place."

"Is it your actual place or Soyeon's?"

"Who do you think gives Soyeon her name?"

"Her parents?"

"No...who pays her bills. Who put cash in her pocket....who opened her business line. I put her goddamn name on the streets of Seoul. She would not be shit without me," Soojin said. "You ready to go?"

Yuqi may have been wrong about Soojin. This nice car. The fact that she helped Soojin open up her career. I could only imagine what connections she must have. After all, Soojin owns Seoul. Her name is literally in everyone's mouth around the city. Plus, she even has her own place. Soojin checked the mirrors and grabbed my thigh as she started the car. "So do you like American food?"

"It tasted okay back home," I say.

"Well, the place we're going to is American place owned by one of my friends." She turned her head towards me while still driving. "It's a good vegan joint. The best in Korea."

"You're vegan?" I ask.

"No but I like the food," she smirked. "Remember I told you I liked meat?"

I blush. "Oh yeah..." I hold my palms up to my cheeks. "Sorry." Why am I behaving this way in front of Soojin? She's just a girl. Woman. Whatever. She didn't pay me no mind, thankfully. It was like she knew I didn't want her to see me all flustered, but at the same time, she had to focus on the road. Gosh, I'm so fucking gay. "So...what exactly is your career?"

"Entrepreneur," she answered quickly. "I dabble in anything that isn't political. I'm a Soundcloud artist, I sing, I dance in my own studio, I am a landlord, I paint, I do a lot."

I smile brightly at the thought of watching Soojin paint things in her place. I thought of posing for her and being her muse. I thought of her singing me to sleep with her voice, but she soon broke into my thoughts with a chuckle. "What's so funny?"

"Your infatuation with me," Soojin said, parking into the lot. "It's pure besides what I'm used to."

I tilt my head. I did know that Soojin was a player from word of mouth, but I didn't expect it to be revealed through her from her own words. "What are you used to?" I felt like such a loser to be talking to her, but Soojin took my hand. All those insecurities of being inexperienced flew out the window.

"Business exchanges. Some more pleasurable than others," Soojin said. "Openly, I do have sex for my job." She leaned into me. "I want to make special accommodations because I'm tired of it. I want to settle down now." She looked at me with lust in her eyes and I felt my mouth go dry and an intense feeling in my stomach. But, she was so mysterious. And she just opened up to me about the dark sides of her job. Yuqi's words may have probably been true indeed, but...people can change, right? Soojin raised an eyebrow. "Hope I didn't offend or make you scared of me."

"So....is a sex worker one of your many occupations?" I widened my eyes. Was she okay? I heard so many things about sex workers, like they were diseased and often running away from something. Or worse....

"I prefer the term escort, but I rarely do that." Soojin unbuckles her seatbelt. "Maybe I can show you more than what I give to my clients and comrades tonight if you're a good girl."

"I thought you didn't like them."

"You're my favorite goodie two shoes." She winked as she got out of the car and retrieved my door for me. She gave me her hand as she helped me step out of her car. She pressed her lips against mine. "I'd give up everything for you."