5. hostage

(hostage-billie eilish)

Soojin's car became a second home to me as we drove on the highway to nowhere in particular. My hand reached outside of the window to touch the air as she zoomed 10 kilometers above the limit. It felt liberating. The road was winding down as the lights began to appear less and less. I began to close my eyes and savor the moment. 

The ride was silent. We were enjoying each other's company. Who would have known that someone like Soojin just liked to sit down and drive? I mean...her car is made for it. Soojin's hand reaches for mine and her fingers graze over my knuckles. I blushed and felt my mouth go dry. Is this what crushing on someone felt like?

She eventually pulled over to the side and got out of the car. She opened my door and we sat on the railing of the bridge. Soojin lit another cigarette and began puffing out O's. She took a small look at me and then chuckled to herself while looking out at the view of the city. Seoul. It was her city. She looked at it, eyes full of pride. Her red lips tainting the white tip of the cig. "Have you ever been in love before?"

I giggled at the question. It seemed so cliche, but I knew it was because we were both a little tipsy and also because of how she presented herself. "No. Why? You want to make me fall?" Yuqi's words repeat heavily in my head about not trying anything until she makes a move. She made so many moves to show me her interest. My heart was pounding heavily in my ears. I couldn't even think properly with her eyes lingering on mine.

"I have never been in love either," she said. She stands close to me, I could smell the liquor and cigarettes from her tongue. "Do you want to make me fall?"

I look away, laughing silently. I couldn't help but notice how cheesy she was.

She holds me by the waist gently. "Don't be shy from me now, little girl." She lifts up my chin and kisses me. "God...I've been so tempted by you since I first saw you. The innocent looks around the club. The glow when you drink...You make me an absolute mess.." She takes my hands. "I'm actually willing to take you out on a date...I don't just wanna fuck and leave you wondering who I really am..."

"Well..I'm pleased that you don't just see me as a doll," I say as she plays with my hands. "But, instead of kissing me, can you actually talk?"

Soojin smirked. "You don't like how I communicate?" She shrugged. "What exactly do you want to know about me? My net worth? My amount of carnal partners? Business partners?"

"I just want to know you specifically," I reply. "Like...what colors do you like? What foods do you like?  Why are you such a night owl?"

Soojin tilted her head and then sat on the railing. I was so worried that she would teeter off of the bridge, but she seemed so relaxed. "I like blue. I like anything that has meat in it. I can't really answer you that right now because I am like a cracked book. There's many pages to me, but you have to read to truly understand."

I furrow my brow. "What does that mean?"

"It means what it means...I just don't go out a lot in the daytime." She looks at me. "You're something, Miss Taiwan. I could have sworn you could be a detective or something. But, then again, all good girls have that mentality."

"What does that mean?" I repeat, hands on my hips. I felt irritated by that comment. Good girl. That title was starting to have a ring to it when it came to describing me. Everyone was very stuck on calling me that. I wanted to change that image so badly. "Good girl" seemed to be someone I used to know. Someone I wanted to leave back in Taiwan.

"I'm just saying because you never had someone before you ask so many questions."

"How do you know I never had anyone before?"

"I can feel that shit," Soojin says. "I've been cursed with the feeling of everything. I'm a Pisces." She lit up another cigarette. "Don't be afraid of me, Miss Taiwan. I don't bite those who have not been bitten." She winks before taking a long drag. "However, if I have your consent, I guess we'd have something else to be done."

I rolled my eyes. "Maybe your senses are leading you astray because I'm no good girl." I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

  Soon, there was a snap with the vibe. Soojin grabbed my face and locked my eyes with hers. "Don't roll your eyes at me, little girl." My heart pounded loud in my throat. "I guess you want to be bitten?" I had no control over my  body. I felt like a character in one of those trashy vampire novels. Soojin led me to the hood of her car and laid me down on it. She pulled my leg up while settling between my legs and then started nipping my neck gently, then started kissing on it, then harshly sucking. I closed my eyes while I felt a burning sensation at the pit of my stomach as she ground her hips against mine. My arms wrapped around her neck. "Look how flushed you are." She ran a finger against my cheek. "Sorry...if I...got into this so quickly...it's a bad habit."

I ran my hand against my neck that felt sensitive. Soojin looked at it and then blushed. Her voice went light and airy. "Oh my...."

"What?" I ask.

Soojin covered her face. "I gave you a hickey."

"A what?"

"It's a passion mark." Soojin chuckled. "Like...a signature that shows that you're mine and no one else's."

I laugh. "I was so taken aback by that honestly." I sit up from my position and cross my legs because I was still in a dress after all. "So you want me to be yours?"

"And no one else's....if you want to be." She played with her fingers. Who knew someone could be that adorable?

I grin. "Well, you have to court me first."

Soojin blinked twice and smiled. "So old-fashioned, but alright...how's later this afternoon?"