Chapter 9: He's Your Magnet

Start from the beginning

"That's it, I'm finding one of those for me," Hailey said, furiously typing into the app finder. "Wait. So what happened after that," she asked, pausing to stare at me again.

I pulled the garlic bread out of the oven and went around Hailey, setting it on the small table next to the kitchen. I did the same with the pasta, asking her to grab the already made salad and dressing out of the fridge.

"Well, the librarian and half the students in the library saw us pretty much making out and she banged on the wall of the cubicle. I swear if she hadn't of done that, I don't know how far I would have let him get. He is like a drug, Hailey, and I couldn't get enough of him. The librarian sobered us right up though, and Yoongi ran out of there as fast as he could. I tried to talk to him, but he blew me off again, saying he was too busy tomorrow and would just talk to me Monday or something," I said, sitting down at the table. Hailey put both hands on the table and leaned forward towards me, obviously pissed.

"That little fucker. He did it again. Why does he keep running? Who the fuck cares if the librarian and half the library saw you guys kissing. Josh Lucas was caught fucking that girl in the boy's bathroom in the library last year even," she said, fuming. "I've about had it with his shit. It sounds like he's just playing you, trying to get in your pants or something," she added.

I looked at her with a mix of sadness and exasperation, as I had no idea why he suddenly wanted to avoid me and run away when we got close, and I started to wonder if maybe she was right, that he wanted something from me that I wanted to give him as well, but I wanted more – and that is what scares him off. Because he doesn't have feelings for me.

"I know that look, Y/N. You're getting that lovey dovey look. You like him don't you. I don't mean as a friend or a future fuck buddy. You have feelings for him," Hailey said, sitting down next to me.

"I love him, Hailey. I realized it earlier," I said, picking up a piece of garlic bread and munching on it.

"But you barely know him. It's been what, 2 months? And most of that time you two spent pissing each other off. It's like you two were opposites, like oil and water, when in fact...... Oh shit," Hailey said, her eyes getting wide as the lightbulb in her head clicked on.

"What," I asked, obviously confused by her expression.

"It's foreplay. You two both have strong personalities. Get two strong personalities together and it's like two similar sides of magnets. They push away from each other, the current strong as hell. The bond is strong though, and eventually one of the magnets flips over and they crash together. You two finally crashed together. He's your match, your magnet, baby," Hailey said, sitting back and crossing her arms, satisfied she figured it out.

"But he doesn't feel the same way about me that I do for him. How can he if he acts the way he does and runs away when things get heated," I asked.

"I told you, it's foreplay. It's building up, Y/N. You two are so similar that you are repelling each other, but eventually you keep coming back together, trying again. Something happened to him, I bet Y/N. You need to do what you usually do and don't back down. Make him tell you once and for all what he feels and why he keeps running," Hailey replied. At that moment the front door open and my mom came in.

"Sorry I'm late hun. I ended up having to work overtime. Oh hi, Hailey!! It's so wonderful to see my other daughter," my mom said, coming in to hug Hailey tight.

"LOL hi, Bev. Nice to see you too. Y/N just finished making dinner and we were going to eat. Come sit down with us, I bet you are tired," Hailey said, standing and pulling out a chair. My mom sat down with a huff, throwing her keys on the table. Hailey got plates and forks out and got everyone a soda.

"Oh I did have a long day, for sure. How was your day, Y/N. Anything interesting happen at school today," she asked.

Hailey and I just stopped and looked at each other with wide eyes, then both burst out laughing at the same time. My mom looked at Hailey, then me, and then back at Hailey, wondering what she missed. We just laughed harder, sitting down together to have a nice dinner as our own makeshift family.

Hailey stayed two more hours and then headed home. She was supposed to be grounded and knew she was going to get it when she got home. I showered and then laid on my bed. The sun had already set, and soon the moon will be out, shining in my window. I thought about playing MONO by RM while I laid there, but I knew if I did that, I would fall asleep too early.

I decided to lay in bed and read some more, choosing to keep reading my favorite novel, Pride & Prejudice. I loved the push and pull between Elizabeth and Darcy, and it reminded me of the relationship I had with Yoongi. Sure, Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy weren't almost tearing each other's clothes off every time they were together, but you could sense the tension between them, and the attraction. I sighed contently as I read, looking at my phone every once in a while. It wasn't until more than an hour later when I started to feel sleepy that I realized I was hoping that Yoongi would message me, but he never did. 

----------------------------------------------

A/N: Don't forget to click that star, my lovelies. Thank you for voting and commenting to let me know how you like the story so far <3.