Part seven: The Von Everec Estate and more flowers

Start from the beginning

My breath caught in my throat and for a moment, I was captured in his gaze, it was darker than before, a fire behind their hazel depths. Would he himself participate in human, carnal pleasures?

"I thought I saw you spying." I bit back, to hide my embarrassment.

"I hope I didn't interrupt. Although you better not be too distracted from the task at hand." His tone was mocking.

"When do you need me again?" I asked, trying for nonchalance. He raised his partially gloved hand and brushed it over mine. A knot formed in my stomach. I tucked white daisies behind the buttons of his doublet, but my fingers trembled. He smelled like... honey.

His eyes seemed to want to tell me something, but I couldn't figure out what. The he looked up and past me, his expression changing back to normal. "Ah Geralt, how did it go?"

At that, I twirled around to face the Witcher, curtly clearing my throat and greeting him.

Geralt nodded at both of us, his gaze lingering on the flowers on my arm and behind O'Dimms ear. Yeah, I really didn't think this through. "I see you waited for me together."

"What did Olgierd want?" I asked.

"He wants the Borsodi house."

"The only Borsodi I know of around here runs an auction house in Oxenfurt." O'Dimm replied.

"Heard of it. My swords almost got auctioned off there once." Replied Geralt. "Fine. I'll go there, then what?"

"How should I know? Perhaps you'll get inspired once you're there. Oh, and bring plenty of coin, I've a feeling it could come in handy." He walked a few steps and leaned against the tree.

"And his other request?" I asked, tucking flowers in my own hair.

"To show his brother the time of his life." Geralt replied. "That one seems easy enough."

"It's the hard one, in fact." Said O'Dimm.

"Why so?"

"I'm afraid he's dead. Has been for years."

"Ugh. Never agreed to necromancy." Geralt shook his head, displeased.

"Necromancy is hardly your only option for reviving a soul. An old-fashioned ritual, a Blood Summoning, that's what you need."

"Sounds fun." I interjected. Geralt didn't seem too pleased either.

"That's like choosing between pestilence and the plague. Besides, need the blood of the summoned for that." O'Dimm threw Geralt a container. "Where did you get this?"

"My, aren't you the curious one. Assume this to be von Everec blood and get on with it."

"Where'll I find this Vlodomir?" Geralt then asked.

"They're well-known in these parts. Perhaps your redhead friend can tell you more. The medic, you know the one." O'Dimm hinted. Oh, Shani! More memories of what's to come flooded back to me.

Geralt grumbled. "High time I got to work."

"A little more enthusiasm Witcher. You just might enjoy yourself."

"Yay. Can't wait." He turned towards Roach and readied himself to mount.

"As for you, Annabel, I require your presence tonight, I will retrieve you from the inn before midnight." With that, he bowed and walked off. Geralt rolled his eyes at the dramatic gesture.

"What was that, between you two?" he asked, one eyebrow raised, as he mounted Roach.

"I don't know what you mean. Can I braid your hair while we ride?"

Sun and Moon Flowers (1890)

Loving, gentle intimacy is one of my favourite things hahaha

Let me know what you think, if you want to