I shuddered as my feet slipped into a wet puddle. Groaning under my breath, I gingerly walked towards a cabinet attached to a wall. I'd seen spare shoes inside of it and quickly pulled on a pair, which was a tad bit too large for my feet.

Hissing through teeth I straightened after putting them on, the cuts on my feet throbbing. My irritation at the feeling slipped away as the loud noises which came from outside seemed to be creeping closer and a ripple of fear locked me in place momentarily.

Pounding on the door erupted and I scrambled into my cell, pressing myself into the shadows as raspy cries punctuated the smelly air.

The prisoners' fear could practically be felt as the metal door was hit again loudly. My back pressed into the wall and fingers spread against it as I tried to control my raspy breathing.

I flinched at the sound of metal colliding onto the floor. The cries increased ten folds and my chest constricted painfully as footsteps barrelled down the hallway.

A hush fell over the entire building and I inhaled shakily, fear being replaced with bafflement as cell doors were slid open.

Soft words, almost indecipherable because of the blood roaring in my ears were heard. Footsteps padded in and out of the prison and I held my breath as a female lycan who was dressed in a light blue uniform walked by my cell, seemingly unaware of my presence.

But then her footsteps paused and my stomach dropped to my legs. Boots moved across the wet floor and I swallowed thickly as dark eyes peered into the darkness. She was tall, with her hair pulled back into a tight low bun and her face was guarded as she assessed me.

"Ma'am," The lycan addressed me, but my gaze was fixated on the gun in her holster. "Please come out of the cell."

My body sunk further into the wall, healing wounds surely being smeared by dirt and my lips curled downwards into a tight frown. The lycan stepped into the cell when I said nothing and my eyes followed the raising of her hand. Her stern expression softened and my lips pressed together in distrust.

"I shall not harm you." The female said. "We need to leave this place."

Lies.

Eyeing her hand warily, I remained silent. But then the earth shook again and I could hear equipment in the hallway outside of the prison falling to the tiled floor.

I stumbled forward at that, swiftly moving past the woman immediately once I saw an opening where the prison door once had been. Air filled my lungs, eased the pain humming in my chest as I limped quickly to it, noticing the absence of individuals in cells.

"Miss." The female called from behind me and my pace quickened as I walked through the long hallway, the lights above dulling and then brightening; I came to a halt abrupt as I caught sight of the small crowd ahead. Uniformed lycans stood beside the prisoners, appearing to be waiting for our approach.

Their immense bodies astonished me, even from the distance in which I stood. They looked absolutely nothing like the lycans of the Klawmoon Pack.

These lycans' features were far too feral and sharp, bodies large and packed with muscles. Light blue uniforms, which somewhat matched the female lycan's attire who now came to stand before me was what they adorned.

"We can take you away from here." The female was speaking, but I was momentarily distracted as a particular set of honey colored eyes fell on me. Terror made its way up my entire being, my blood running cold as those primal eyes swept up and down my body, lingered on my face.

The male lycan stood tallest amongst the others around him, his broad shoulders easily filling out the shirt he wore and I could visibly see the way his muscles tensed under the material of his clothes. His skin was brown, a shade lighter than my own dark brown. My eyes narrowed whilst warily observing the small twitch that graced his lips and the way his gloved fingers clenched into a fist and then uncurled.