Chapter 4

(Jungkook's P.O.V) 

I retied my shoe laces again quickly, as the game of basketball advanced around the court I was crouched on. I looked up at Hoseok who was motioning me to get up quickly as the ball started to reach my end. I nodded quickly and stood just in time, as he seized the ball from the other team. He bounced it several times before he hurled the ball to me, and I delivered the ball into the hoop above me in one swift throw. 

"Nice Jungkook." A guy on my team praised me as he clapped his hand on my shoulder. I smiled and glanced to my left, noticing someone coming in late. It was HyoJin. 

"Hoseok." I said as he stood beside me, waiting for the other team to finish their game play discussion. He looked at me and I cocked my head to the side, signaling for him to look at her. "Oh she's in another one of our classes?" Hoseok remarked, grinning. I frowned as he stared at her. He didn't have an interest in her, right? Why would I care anyway.. I shook my head marginally as I walked backwards into my playing spot, and I watched as Hoseok did the same, breaking his stare from her. 

The game continued as HyoJin walked out of the changing rooms in gym clothing, and she stood watching for a while, as I put the ball in the hoop again. I gazed back over at HyoJin who was smiling as she watched me. I smiled back, then watched her as she joined the other team. 

(Hoseok's P.O.V) 

The new girl HyoJin joined the other side and was greeted by a few nice people in the team. I noticed SoRa snigger at her as she rolled her eyes, getting ready to catch the ball toss done by the coach who was now standing in the middle. The coach threw the ball up into the air and stepped away quickly. SoRa grasped the ball from overhead, and began dribbling it down the court. I had to admit - she was a good player. She was good for a girl. Not to be sexist, of course.  I sprung into action, capturing the ball as it bounced from her hand. I threw it to a guy on my team, who flung it to Jungkook, who proceeded to make another hoop. No way were we going to lose. Our team did have girls in it, although we didn't really need their help. The girls in the other team were better than the useless guys in the opposite team, who let the girls do all the work.

After Jungkook got the hoop, SoRa swooped in underneath grabbing the ball and then raced down the court. HyoJin called for her to pass it, and I watched SoRa smirk as she flung the ball hard into HyoJin's face. 

"Ah!" HyoJin exclaimed in pain, as she dropped to her knees holding her face.

"Oh.. I'm so sorry.." SoRa faked as everyone crowded around.

"Shit.." I muttered under my breath, running over to her. I shoved SoRa out the way and she scoffed. "She doesn't need help. She's just looking for attention." She remarked, and I saw Jungkook shoot her a death stare as he joined me beside HyoJin.

"Are you okay?" I asked as she looked up, her nose bleeding. "I-I'm fine.." She stuttered as she tried to get up off the ground. As she did so, she lost balance and fell into Jungkook, who caught her in his arms. She must have hit her head on the ground too.

"She'll need to go to the nurse.. Can you two please take her?" The coach announced, and SoRa muttered a curse under her breath.

Me and Jungkook both nodded, holding her up and putting her between us. I put her arm around my neck, and Jungkook did the same with her other arm. She limped as we carried her, and she wasn't heavy. HyoJin didn't speak until we got out of the gym.

"Thanks, guys." She sighed. 

"Where else are you hurt?" Jungkook asked and she drew in a breath.

"My knees hurt.. But, don't worry, they're only grazed so I can still do the dance." She replied.