Chapter 21

(Author's P.O.V)

"How have you been?" Jimin recited to himself for the fourth time in the mirror, "no.. that's not it.." he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

It was Monday and HyoJin would be back, having still had made no contact with Jimin or his friends. ShiAh was the only one she bothered to contact.

"Look, we need to talk.." he looked himself full in the eyes and then frowned, "shit, I've never been in this situation. What the hell do I say?" he mumbled, giving up.

It annoyed him that he could feel tears welling up in his eyes, now that the time was coming to really face HyoJin.

That was, if he got the chance.

--

"You have to keep trying." the boys egged Jimin on as he slumped over a desk in their secret room.

"What's the point?" he mumbled, "she won't listen. I saw her twice in the halls and she ignored me and if I got too close, she would speed up and go into the girls bathroom."

Hoseok scratched his temple then let out a sigh. "Bro, never give up on love if it's what you really want. I can see that you really want her back."

"Yeah, as sappy as Hoseok sounds, he's right. She probably misses you too - I mean, of course she does." Namjoon agreed, patting Jimin's back.

"Miss me?" Jimin mocked, lifting his head off the desk, "she hates me." he retorted before faltering back onto the desk.

--

"I miss him.." HyoJin whimpered to herself in the bathroom mirror, alone, "Park Jimin you cheating jerk, I miss you!" she whisper shouted, trying to clean up her running mascara.

"Oh, why are you crying HyoJin?" SoRa faked concern, and HyoJin groaned.

"Don't worry about it." HyoJin said curtly, shuffling her way to the exit.

"Park Jimin?" SoRa raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow, "he cheated, right? Well, we all saw that coming." she rolled her eyes.

"What are you talking about?" HyoJin took her hand off of the bathroom handle, glaring at SoRa.

"Poor girl. He's had his way with a lot of girls here, hun. Even me. That's why he's so popular," she leaned in, and whispered, "everyone wants him to screw them again."

HyoJin swallowed the growing lump in her throat and thoughtlessly slapped the smug look off of SoRa's face.

"That's a goddamn lie!" HyoJin exclaimed, running out of the bathroom with tears streaming down her face. She didn't know where she was going - she had two minutes to get to her period three class but she knew she wasn't in the right state to go there.

She ignored the staring and continued walking, determined to get somewhere no one would be. The janitors closet Jimin had led her to the first day they met, after SoRa threatened her.

It wasn't completely ideal considering the memories that made her head spin more, but she was alone now.

She dropped to the ground and wrapped her arms around her legs, her back hugging the wall and her face was between her knees.