Chapter 1: Making Plans

After The Ice Samurai attacked the Great Lake Village during the Ninja's search for their friend, Zane, The Ninja were just trying to repair the homes that were damaged, Jay and Nya repairing Sorla's roof after a samurai named Grimfax chopped a hole into it and destroyed their fire. However, with Kai regaining his stolen powers from Aspheera, he was the only ninja in the village who was overconfident of himself, the villagers calling him: 'Fire Maker'.

Nya shivered, hugging herself. "Wow it is cold up here."

Jay shivered as well. "Yeah! I can barely feel my hands." He said as he dropped his hammer. "I feel like they're frozen- AH!" He let out a scream as he suddenly slid off the roof and landed into a pile of snow Cole was shoveling, nearly hitting him.

"Jay? Do you mind?" Cole asked, resting the shovel on his shoulder. "Some of us are trying to get work done."

Nya quickly jumped down and ran over to Jay. "Are you ok?!"

Jay sat up, covered in snow. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just so tired of all this snow and ice. It's so damn cold."

Cole looked at Nya. "Hey, Nya? Ice is water, right? Why can't you just, you know, use your Elemental Powers and clear away all this snow and ice for us?"

Nya replied with a shrug. "Guess I can't command water when it's frozen. It won't move." 

Cole sighed. "Aw, that's a bummer. You could've been really useful. Wouldn't that be awesome? If she could just wave your hands and presto! Job done! That would save us hours and hours of slow, boring, back-breaking work. Oh, well, we'll just have to do it the slow, boring, back-breaking way." He said, already sealing his fate.

Jay tried to warn him, but it was too late. Nya growled and made a snowball, and then chucked it at Cole.

"OW!!!" Cole cried out, holding his head.

Nya chuckled. "How's that for slow?"

"Speaking of slow, where's Kai? He hasn't been helping us at all since the fight." Jay recognized.

However, that's when three young children holding fish on sticks ran past them and then stopped to Kai, who was relaxing in a hammock, not having a care in the world.

"Hey! Fire Maker! Fire Maker! Fire Maker!" One cried.

"Make the fire! Make the fire!" The second one cried, barely able to contain themselves.

"Ooh! Cook mine! Cook mine!" The third pleaded.

Kai laughed. "Ok, ok. One at a time." Then, he formed a small fireball in his hands and cooked the fish on their sticks, and then watched them run to their homes and friends, chattering happily. Fire was a rare thing in The Never Realm ever since The Ice Emperor took over.

The Ninja groaned and then walked over to Kai, dropping their tools. "So, how ya doing, 'Fire Maker'?" Nya asked, crossing her arms.

"I actually feel great!" Kai exclaimed. "This place is really growing on me, it's really not so bad." He said as he went back to relaxing on his hammock.

Jay and Cole exchanged looks and then smirked with a mischievous chuckle. "Well, that's good!" Jay said with a fake smile.

"Yeah! After all, this trip is all about this kinda stuff. Rest and relaxation!" Cole said.

Kai looked at his friends. "It is?"

"NO!" Nya cried out. "IT ISN'T!!" She grabbed Kai's hammock and swings it up, then stomps away, while Kai splats onto the ground.

Jay and Cole laughed like they were about to bust a gut.

"HEY!" Kai hissed, brushing off the snow.