It was hard work, nights awake and deaths calculated, however, the place had achieved an excellent fame that yielded a lot of money.

Bella had done a terrific job, and she could buy that nightclub if she wanted to.

"Yes." Francesco revealed.

"What then?"

"I already have a buyer, in fact, the club is practically sold."

Bella squeezed her jaw.

"You already sold the nightclub," Bella remained, though in her mind, a fire broke out.

"It was necessary."

Yes, it was necessary for a volatile man.

"It's a pity," she sighed loudly, almost dramatically. "It would be a good opportunity for me to acquire a new property."

Francesco laughed.

"Bella, my dear, I don't know if that's the thing for you. I know you like your success here, but a nightclub is not a job for women." He continued. "My advice is to seek a good marriage, you were born lucky enough to be beautiful, don't waste it trying to do men's jobs."

Bella leaned her chin over the back of her right hand, closing her fingers to try to channel the bad feeling into her.

"Great, thank you for the advice," Bella smiled cynically. "Do you still need my services?"

"For a few more days, but I do not know how it will be after the new owner takes over the club, I have seen him with some women of color... Maybe if you please it the right way, you can earn some money from it."

For Bella, being called a whore was not so bad considering all the other insults she had received since she was a child. Francesco was relying firmly on the kindness of his cousin to protect him if she took her gun out of the collar under her overcoat and made so many holes in his face that no one would recognize him.

However, Bella remained calm and rose from the chair.

"Very good. What about my profits on the alliance with Mr. Hartford?"

"Profits?" He raised an eyebrow. "But what did you do that was worth those profits, Bella? Nothing you do in this nightclub would not be done by any other woman with a pretty face."

Bella laughed, the laugh left her throat as the beginning of a threat.

"I understand." She agreed. "Well, goodbye, then. Mr. Sabini."

The man smiled and saw her cross the office, leaving the room and closing the door behind her.

"Lizzie, we're leaving." She warned when the secretary was near. Lizzie interrupted her own conversation with one of the employees, put her hat on her head and went after her.

"What happened?" Lizzie asked, she felt the jolt of the car when it started moving.

"As soon as we get home, I want you to send a letter to Alfie Solomons and send it today." She said with her hands on the steering wheel and her feline eyes fixed on the road.

"Are you sure? As far as I know, his relationship with the Sabini is not good."

"Yes," Bella replied simply, thoughtfully.

Lizzie couldn't help but compare her to Tommy in that aspect. In several of them, in fact, Bella sometimes managed to behave like him, being calculating like him and thoughtful about matters she didn't talk about.

Lizzie followed the rest of the journey in silence, respecting Bella's stillness. When they arrived at her home, Bella told Lizzie everything she had to write in the letter she would send. From the little she understood, Lizzie could say that what Bella would do would turn a feud into a war.