first shot.

(first shot)

01 | in which she sees him again

"You can go, Andriessen" the guard told her, Bella stared at him holding the bars of the cell.

"I can go?" she asked suspiciously. "I thought I'd be hanged."

The policeman didn't answer.

He opened the cell and the girl, walking in the corridors, confused and at the same time relieved. She had no regrets about what she had done, couldn't regret having done what the bastard deserved.

When she reached the outside of the prison house, massaging her aching wrists, she lifted her chin and her lips parted in surprise.

"Tommy," she murmured.

Polly Gray's handsome nephew released the smoke from his cigarette and cleared his throat.

"Bella," his husky voice said the girl's name.

Isabella could expect anyone in front of that prison, but Thomas Shelby, her childhood friend whose existence of this friendship was hidden from her grandmother, was far from expecting to see.

"What are you doing here?" She asked hesitantly, walked a few steps away from him and started her way back home.

Tommy walked beside her, not seeming to care about the torn wedding dress and her blurred makeup.

"Get you out of 'ere." He said without looking at her in his deep, empty voice tone.

"Why?"

"Because no one wanted your fiancé alive and he would die even if it weren't you who killed him."

Bella raised an eyebrow.

"Not a good explanation," she said quietly.

"No," Tommy agreed. "But that's the only explanation you'll get."

"It's still better than being hung," Bella said, staring at him, Tommy still staring as he walked. "Thank you."

"No thanks, you'll probably pay for it later."

"I know," Bella insisted. "But anyone else could have come in your place."

"I just do what I have to do," Tommy replied pragmatically.

He nodded to Bella, moving away.

The girl watched his back walking slower, after Tommy was far enough, she called him.

"Tom!"

He stopped, didn't turn completely, just looked to the side showing that he had heard her.

"Did you know what Victor did? With Nina?"

Shelby looked forward again, starting to walk.

"He had the end he deserved."

Said just that, and left.