| sixteen |

Warnings: attempted assault, drugging someone through their drink, use of date r*pe drugs, use of the r word but this is a Chicago Med/Chicago Fire/Chicago PD fic and they use the word r*p* but it's only used a small handful of times, no actual sexual assault,

I just want to make sure this chapter is tagged properly so this might be a spoiler but Sunny is slipped something at a party and there is an attempted assault, but luckily she is saved before that happens. So please, please don't read this if anything could be triggering for you. Put your your mental health first. This story isn't worth it :)

Two Days Later
Friday

Severide's knee bounced up and down as he stared down at the clipboard resting on the table in front of him. It was late in the evening and shifts were about to change in the firehouse. He held a blue pen in his hand, tapping it against the table in rhythm with his knee bouncing.

"You good, Severide?" Kidd asked as she took a seat a couple chairs down from him. He didn't hear her. "Kelly?"

He turned his head and stopped all movement, his eyes meeting hers.

"Yeah?"

"What's on your mind?" She quietly spoke. He let out a sigh, shook his head, and rubbed his neck.

"Nothing."

"Is it Sunny?"

Severide paused for a moment, clearly taken back by Kidd's question.

"Relax, Kelly." Kidd rolled her eyes, shaking her head softly. "I've seen the way you two look at each other. Hell, everyone in 51 does."

"I don't think it's that noticeable." Severide muttered.

"Well it is to those of us who know you. Everyone talks. So what's up?"

"I haven't heard from her in a few days. I'm just.... I'm a little worried."

"Do you think she's in trouble?" Kidd furrowed her eyebrows together. Severide shrugged his broad shoulders.

"I don't know."

Brett walked into the kitchen with her bag over her shoulder

"You ready to go, Stella?"

"Yeah. I'll be right out, Brett." Kidd nodded her head. She watched Brett leave the room before she looked to Severide. "Have you reached out to her?"

"A couple times. Don't worry about it, Kidd." Severide pushed himself to his feet. "Why don't you call it a night?"

Kidd watched him for a few moments.

"You want some help trying to get a hold of her?"

"I don't want to try too much. Don't want to bother her." Severide shook his head. "She's, uh, probably got busy with work or something. It'll be alright. I apprecitae it, Stella."

"See you later, Severide." Kidd patted Severide's arm then followed after Brett.

Severide ran a hand over his face, rubbed his eyes, and started to gather his things when his phone buzzed on the table. It was Sunny. He answered it as quickly as possible.

"Sunny, hey."

"Hi, Kelly." Her soft voice comforted the ball of anxiety in his stomach. "I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to get back to you. Gray's been super overbearing."

"That's okay, sweetheart. How've you been?" Severide sat back down at the table on the edge of his seat.

"I'm okay. I wish I could see you."