| seventeen |

Warnings: Mentions of being drugged and overdose, mentions of potential r*pe but there isn't actual r*pe, nothing outside of what's canon in the show

The tires to Severide's mustang squealed as he came to a stop. He barely had it thrown into park before he was getting out of the car and running to the front steps of the house. His mind was going a million miles a second, heart pounding heavily against his ribs. He ignored the police and ambulance lights flashing in front of the house. A few cops had detained party-goers and sat them on the sidewalk at the bottom of the steps.

Severide uttered out a hasty excuse me as he ran up the stairs.

Detective Erin Lindsay met him at the door, blocking his path.

"Whoa, Kelly. Where do you think you're going?"

"I-I have to get to her, Erin. She's in trouble." Severide could barely breathe. He tried to look past Lindsay. Just behind her in the foyer was a pool of blood. Fearing the worst, his stomach churned.

"Who are you looking for, Kelly?" Lindsay pulled the door to the house shut.

"Su-Sunny Castle."

"There was no Sunny Castle here."

Severide furrowed his brows together, confused and relieved for a split second. Maybe she had gotten away. Then he shook his head and rubbed his eyes.

"No, her-her name is Daisy. Daisy Castle. She was here, right?" He took a step away from the detective. "Tell me she's okay, Erin."

Lindsay looked out across the street in front of the house. The block had been taped off and it was littered with police and EMT personnel.

"I don't know a lot about what happened but from what Jay said, it looked like she overdosed. She's on her way to Med right now."

"Jay said that?" Severide repeated. Lindsay nodded her head.

"He's the one who found her."

Without another word, Severide was booking it back to his car.

———

By the time he got to Chicago Med, Sunny was in the middle of being stabilized so Severide couldn't see her. All he could do was pace the waiting room. He was too anxious to sit down. There was too much adrenaline coursing through his veins.

"Severide."

The firefighter lifted his head up. Detective Jay Halstead was coming out of the Emergency Department of Chicago Med. He gestured for Severide to follow him.

"Erin said you were the one who found her."

"I did." Jay nodded his head.

"What happened?"

"She was in a bathroom on the third floor, convulsing. As soon as I started to talk to her, she stopped convulsing."

"Did she-Was she hurt?" It burned Severide's throat to ask the question.

"I don't know, Kelly." Jay came to a stop in the middle of the E.R. His voice was quiet and soft. "She was in no state to answer questions when I was with her in the ambulance."

"Was she....?" Severide trailed off. The fear in his stomach brought on the overwhelming urge to vomit. He couldn't bring himself to say the words, the say it out loud that Sunny had been taken advantage of.

"I don't think so." Jay shook his head gently. "She had all of her clothes on. Besides the overdose, she had bruising on her wrists. Dr. Manning just finished up with her." Jay gestured to the room behind Severide.