XI

Chapter Eleven

I slightly opened my eyes and saw Yeren's face only a few inches away. The warmth of his breath on my cheeks sent shivers through my spine. I tried to move but Yeren had pinned me in place, wrapping me with an arm and leg. I blinked tight, realizing the jolting pain in my head.

He stirred, his grip tightened on my waist. We stared into each other. He grinned. "Morning Mr. Ian," he said, bending his face closer. "It was a wonderful night."

A stream of blood surged to my face, intensifying the throbbing in my temple, heart drum rolled as everything happened again in my retrospection. I wanted to run away but he kept his arm around me, only moving his leg.

"Being shy now, drunk-boy?" he teased and blew softly on my cheeks before rolling back to stretch. I couldn't be more embarrassed at the time but the throbbing in my head helped in relieving my chest.

Yeren offered me a cup of coffee when I got up. I gladly accepted, giving him a rueful half-smile. "Sorry, about last night."

"No prob," he said reassuringly and sipped from his cup. "I told you, it was wonderful."

I laughed, telling myself not to take it too seriously.

"Anyway, wanna explore the town?"

I happily agreed. After emptying the cups, we left the room by eleven am. It was a surprise to realize that we woke too late in the morning. On the stairs, I finally had the chance to ask Yeren about the rent which I always seemed to forget. He nonchalantly said that we should split the bill equally which was much smaller than I thought. Much smaller than my rent allowance could pay the whole fee and still had some left.

"We can also contribute to the food allowance weekly," he said as we exited the apartment complex. The sky was surprisingly clear, colored in endless blue. "We can shop together on Sundays. I'll do the cooking, you'll do the dishes. Or the other way around, whichever you prefer. It can save us a lot of money." He glanced at me with a hopeful gaze. "How does that sound?"

"That sounds great but..." I stroked my hair, averting my eyes. "You shouldn't let me cook unless you want to see the building in ashes."

Yeren nodded and laughed a bit before we entered a typical Filipino eatery. The place wasn't anything fancy. There weren't many people inside. It has a usual buffet where I could choose any dish. I ordered one and a half rice, chicken caldereta, and adobo. Yeren ordered the same.

The wallet almost slipped from my hand when I paid at the counter. My meal totaled a hundred and thirty pesos, an amount I wouldn't have imagined. I turned to Yeren and gave him a surprised look before stepping to the nearest empty table.

"How was it?" Yeren asked as soon as he sat in front of me.

I rolled my eyes, "Too expensive."

He laughed a bit. "Believe me but it's the cheapest diner in the area."

"What?" I grimaced, chewing the food that was too bland for my taste. "Fast-food would be much better then."

He shrugged, "Nah, I hate fast food." He shook his head a few times over. "You wouldn't get the nutrients you needed from them. Those foods can kill you."

I beamed from my lips, "I never thought you were so health-conscious."

A sigh left his lips slightly open. "I wouldn't say that but I can't deny it either."

"Is that why you learned how to cook?"

He laughed, flicked his gaze from his plate back to my eyes. "Half correct, half wrong."

How to Save a Star [BxB]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें