VII

Chapter Seven

By Tuesday, the pain in my body was almost gone and my strength was already building up. I can finally stand on my own without help or losing my balance. The doctor also said that I could be discharged the next day.

During the whole time that I was admitted to the hospital, Yeren volunteered to stay with me. Even though I was pretty hesitant about it, he insisted on the idea. Eris thought the same since she can't ask dad to look after me, given our situation. I also never left that room the whole time, being cautious that mom might see me in a bad condition.

Yeren stayed during the last two nights, sleeping in the chair beside my bed. I was somewhat guilty that he might have an uncomfortable feeling sleeping like that but he never complained or said that he was unhappy about it. He also helped me when I needed to go to the urinal and provided me company which made the whole situation bearable.

I was in the middle of my sleep when I was awakened by the urge to pee. I gently rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock. It was only one in the morning. I turned to Yeren who was sleeping, his head resting in his arms on the bed. I silently spun my body to the other side of the bed and stood.

"Need some help?" Yeren asked in a groggy voice from behind.

"No." I turned around and shook my head. "Just go back to sleep."

"Okay," he replied in a low voice, then he was out again.

Guilt came on me again as I took a fast release in the restroom. Yeren's image of a growing eye bag and tired look which remained to replay in my head made my feelings worse. When I got out of the toilet, he was still sleeping, letting out low but audible snores. I tapped his back as soon as I returned to the bed. He slightly raised his head, his chin still resting in his arms, his eyes half-opened. I moved away from him, leaving a space in the bed, then patted the sheets.

He smiled, his eyes were half-closed. "No, I'm fine."

I patted the sheets again.

He stood up. "If you insisted..." he said as he laid down beside me. It was then I realized what I asked him to do. The bed was small for both of us. We were so close, our bodies touching. My heart thumped like crazy and I felt breathless. He turned to face me, looking sleepy. He shut his eyes as I turned to the other side.

It was hard to fight the urge to look back and I lost at the end of a long mental battle. I spun to him again. I can't help but stare at him, mesmerized by how angelic his expression was. I stretched my hand closer but I withdrew my hand just before I almost touched his cheeks. My actions frightened me and made me anxious. It wasn't right. I turned away from him and moved a little bit to the corner as I put a hand on my face, my eyes tightly shut, my chest breathless. Shortly after, anxiety drifted me back to sleep.

When I woke up, I found myself pinned in place. Yeren wrapped his arm around my waist. He was breathing into my neck. Panic surged in my veins and my mind froze. I had no idea what I had to do. I couldn't move, afraid of waking him up. I tried to move his hand but he's tightly holding my waist.

After a while, Yeren let go which relieved the tension building up in my chest. I immediately stood but it still took some time before my heart finally calmed down. I sat in the chair where he was sleeping hours ago. I watched his back while he slept. He rolled after a couple of minutes and rubbed his eyes, then he yawned.

"Morning," he greeted, just like what he did after I woke up in the last two days, though our position was reversed.

"Morning," I replied as natural sounding as possible to hide what happened moments ago that started to endlessly play through my head.