"3 bedroom not too far from here." And the happiness I had goes away just like that.

"Last time I checked you and Sofia were 2 people, are you moving in with him?" Angela shakes her head, and her smile becomes more devious telling me a request is about to fly right out of her mouth.

"Well I was sort of thinking the third bedroom would be for you." The fuck?

"Uhh I got a place Ang." Which I thought was pretty obvious.

"Yea but come on Ziyah you're so good with Sofia, and you're 17 you're going to be out of here in a year."

I sit back and cross my arms. "How do you know I'm not going to extend my lease for five years?" Angela rolls her eyes all the way to the back of her head.

"Because I don't think you're planning on getting Daya pregnant." Damn she knows how to stop a conversation.

"Well mom's not going to go for it, and how are you even paying for this 3 bedroom anyway? I know it's not that photography job." Angela and I battle looks for some seconds, yeah I know how to get her to shut up too.

"I'm getting some help," is all Angela says while fiddling with her fingers.

"Hmm some help, ok," I say. "Some help," basically means this place won't be 100% her place.

"Ziyah all I'm saying is think about it. Doesn't this house hold too many bad memories anyway?" Angela doesn't let me respond and heads into the living room with the same strut.

"Ooh fluttershy is my favorite," I hear her say along with the sound of the My LIttle Pony theme song.

I've been in this house all my life, and it doesn't take long for the bad memories to come rushing back. This is the house where my mom begged my dad to stay, where she cried on the bathroom floor, where Bree snorted too much coke, and where I constantly wonder what insults id say to the guy who left if he walked in this house again. I would love to erase those things from my memory, but this house is also the place where Sofia had her first steps, where my mom sewed Bree's homecoming dresses, and where my soon to be girlfriend got to meet the strongest women in my life. This place ain't that bad, Angela's going to have to do a little more convincing to get me out of here.

The rest of the day I'm bored, and uninspired as fuck leaving me to text the one person I want to talk to. Daya.
After one quick conversation with my mom and some texts with Daya, Daya somehow convinced her dad to let me take her out for lunch, and as I glide down the streets of Los Angeles in Bree's Jeep she can't use I couldn't be more relived. I arrive outside of Harper's big house where Daya is staying and text her I'm here because I have no intention in coming in contact with any of the Falims.

Even coming out of a big extremely detailed house Daya is the one thing I look at with her passion twists in a ponytail, glowing dark skin, and her white sneakers finally the shade of white. While I'm still taken a back that she was mine at some point I notice she's just wearing her oversized Fugees shirt, and there's no sign of her usual boyfriend jeans. I probably sound like one of those ignorant niggas who doesn't follow the latest trends, but where the fuck are her pants? She looks good as usual, but I never expected  Daya to step out of her box and dress like the other girls. I also thought she was like me in the sense I only where pants and never shorts.

"I missed you," she says and we exchange a tight hug. I want to kiss her, but we're not there yet.

"It hasn't been that long," I say even though I missed her presence probably more than she missed me. Especially since most of that time was spent repairing my fuck up with Ella. We get in the car and before I can start the engine my eyes drift to Daya and her legs. I've never been slick, and she of course catches my glance. We must be doing that telepathic shit because she knows exactly what my look means.