Chapter 20: The mall

After a few days of communicating through the internet, talking about their hobbies and interests, Ikhan and Tao had decided to meet up at a small café near Kiara's studio. Tao was already there when Ikhan came. Tao waved at Ikhan who bowed to him.
Tao gave a wide smile to Ikhan.

"Hi there! You must be Ikhan. I didn't expect you to be so young though." Tao commented.

"Haha! And you must be Tao. Pleased to meet you." Ikhan said while offering his hand for a shake.

The two ordered and started taking about their lives. Ikhan told him that Kiara was also coming to meet him. They both continued chatting when someone interrupted them.

"Yo Ikhan what's up!? And you must be Tao, his-well, you know..." Kiara said hesitating a little.

"Hey what are you saying! He's just a guy I met online. Don't assume weird things." Ikhan  yelled.

"What're you two talking about?" Tao interrupted.

"Oh I thought you were Ikhan's boyfr-" Kiara said, but couldn't finish as Ikhan covered her mouth..

"SHUT UP KOKO!" Ikhan whispered to Kiara.

Tao burst into laughter.

"Hahahaha!! You thought that I was not straight! First you thought I was a girl, now this? Omg this is so funny!" Tao laughed.

"Well actually, my other friend Shinwoo thought I was chatting with a girl. When you said you were a guy, he assumed something else. He told Kiara about this and the two made a mountain out of a molehill." Ikhan explained.

"Okay, so you're straight? That's a relief, bro. Shinwoo was panicking after he thought you were-" Kiara stated.

The three were laughing and talked about different things. Tao soon realized that Kiara was that famous female idol in Korea whom everyone talks about . Kiara told him more about her career and so did Tao.

"I must say, Kiara, you are actually more pretty in real life. I didn't expect to meet someone like you under such circumstances." Tao commented.

"Really? Thanks, I'm glad we met someone as funny as you." Kiara replied.

"Hey mister, can I call you big bro? I always wanted one and we seem to have a lot of similarities." Ikhan said.

Tao was shocked for a second. No one ever thought of him as a big brother. This hit him hard.

"Uh-Well I suppose you can..." Tao agreed, scratching the back of his head.