Reia

Nobody knows the exact time, the exact truth behind the old story of how the curse started. One thing is certain though.

There was a person who wanted power. There were fire elves who could give that power.

It could have started out as a gift. Who knows? Fire elves are tricky creatures. It is hard to know what they think. There is no doubt that the person got what he wanted though. The curse followed the same soul every time it reincarnated once in several hundred years.

The curse showered the soul with infinite amounts of mavis flowing in its blood, presenting the magician with unlimited power. Matching its name, the soul with this curse could not be burned even with the deepest fire of hell.

Those with this curse were called calciber throughout history.

.

.

The beast didn't like it at all when he found a young girl in front of him when he was summoned 500 years ago.

Ghastly.

The dragon towered over the red-haired girl looking up at him with curious eyes.

Dragons used to work with humans for centuries but they have been all hunted down because of their less than desirable appetites. The beast has been the only dragon who survived the massacre and was hiding in a forest. Occasionally, he ate several stupid magicians venturing into his territory but mostly, he was being a good boy - for a dragon at least, to avoid being hunted.

So when the beast was summoned by this young magician at plain sight, the best plan he could think of was to cook her, eat her, fly back to his forest and hide again.

And this was exactly what Egar did, except, the girl stood smiling in his flame as if it didn't bother her at all. Her red hair blew in the wind as the breath of his fire circled the girl and torched the ground to ashes, leaving the young girl unharmed.

"I'm sorry, beast. All the fire in the world cannot burn me," the girl smirked.

Egar recoiled back, surprised. The girl seized her chances and swung her staff -

"Aligo Teneo!"

The dragon crashed to the ground, turning to his human form. The spell restrained his wrists and his arms. Egar slashed and resisted but the runes stayed firm, tying him down.

"I didn't expect a dragon to be honest," the girl said slowly, looking down at him.

"I ate all my last summoners. You should better release me before I do the same to you," Egar growled back.

"Well, that's not an issue. You'll never be hungry if you're with me," the girl grabbed Egar's hand, pulling him to his feet.

As the girl's hand met with Egar's, he felt a surge of such a powerful mavis he has never felt before. The mavis seemed to fill his entire body, spreading to his bones and to the tips of his toes. His eyes widened at the fact that he wasn't hungry - for the first time in his life.

Her red hair flickered like fire as she introduced herself.

"My name is Reihanza Malonai. I'm a calciber."

.

.

"There is no way you can make me wear that," Egar hissed at the hideous metal armor and a saddle.

"There are more to consider than fashion during the war," Reihanza rolled her eyes.

"I will look stupid in that."