Start of Hunger

Rules of the Familiar

1. Familiar can only receive mavis through its summoner.

"You are...this??" Maya shoved a children's book right under Egar's nose.

Who drew this shit?

Egar cringed at the drawing.

The book had a picture of a pink scaly dragon with big yellow eyes spewing flame. A writing below the drawing said - "The hungry Beast destroyed hundreds of towns and magicians!"

"Uh, I mean, I have two eyes and wings. That's the only thing right about that picture," Egar closed the book in exasperation. Clearly, the painter has never seen a dragon in his life.

"I'm in so SO much trouble," Maya muttered, clutching her hair.

They were in the principal's office, waiting for the members of the magic council to arrive. As soon as Egar revealed his identity, her professor reported the urgency to the council. They were locked in this room for hours now.

How could she have summoned a creature that has been sealed by the best magician 500 years ago?

Maya's parents would have gone through a seizure by now, once they heard the news.

There was a knock on the door. Three highest members of the magic council entered the room.

Maya gulped. Egar crossed his arms, rolling his eyes.

"Beast-" the president of the council, Karian opened her mouth.

"Magician-" Egar hissed in disgust. He remembered this council has locked him up in his cave 500 years ago.

"This should be fairly simple," Karian sat on the chair next to Maya.

"Abandon the familiar bond. And we will have to seal you back into your nest, beast. Before you become hungry and cause another mass destruction." 

"I wish," Egar snapped.

"This idiot gave me a name. And you know what that means."

Maya fidgeted in her chair, sweating.

"Did you?" Karian eyed Maya.

"Yes, ma'am. I...I didn't know at that time that the familiar was ... a dragon," Maya stuttered, her face red.

"This is a problem. The girl will die if we kill the dragon and the name will immediately summon the beast once the beast gets too far away from her," the second member of the council sighed.

"Well, we don't need to worry about the beast too much now," the third member of the council chimed in.

"The study of magic has evolved significantly since the Code of Vocamen has been written. I'm sure some of our researchers in the Council can figure out how to break the Code of Vocamen if we give them enough time. And until then -"

The third member of the council smiled at Maya.

"-the girl's magical power is too feeble for the beast to do anything. The beast can't even return to his true form."

Maya blushed. Egar growled at the third member of the council.

"That's true," Karian nodded her head.

"So I believe it will be safest for the girl to stay in school with supervision until the Council figures out how to break the Code of Vocamen," Karian stood up.

"Behave until then, Beast."

Egar glared at Karian, showing his fangs threateningly.

.