"Relax. Stop being so judgmental about all this. Teddy has done the best she can for these sweet girls of hers" Alec stated.

"They aren't just her sweet girls anymore Alexander" Stephanie sighed out. "They're ours now too. And we are allowed to be concerned."

"You're the only one concerned Stephanie" Alec forced out again. "I'm not. I've seen these girls with their mom. And they are happy and healthy and well taken care of. You're worrying about things that aren't worth worrying about."

"But Alec" Steph cooed, hearing the footsteps on the ground she was walking towards him. "I only want what's best for the girls."

"I know baby" Alexander's voice had clearly softened "and we will ensure we give it to them. But right now I truly believe what's best for Joey and Charley would be to have a solid family environment. Lets just focus on giving that to them alright?" 

Teddy couldn't listen to anymore of this. She took the final steps down the stairs and marched through the door pasting on a large fake smile. "Hello there" she greeted folding her arms in front of her. Although she might have look similar to Stephanie in some form, their style couldn't be more different. Standing before her was a women in tight dress pants, designer blouse, a face full of makeup and her blonde hair curled to perfection. This was in comparison to Teddy's own style of old a jean, simple long sleeves t-shirt with paint stains on the sleeves, no makeup and hair pulled back into a messy ponytail. Typically this was as dressed up as Teddy could get. "I'm glad we were finally able to all get together. I'm sorry for all the previous cancellations."

"Not like it was an inconvenience or anything," Stephanie mumbled under her breath. Alexander glared towards his wife and shot her a look that said 'shut up.'

But the smile on Teddy's face didn't fade. "I do apologize for it. Joey had caught a cold and just as she was getting better Charley caught it. So you'll understand that it's been a little busy around here."

"They aren't sick anymore right?" Stephanie asked. "We can't afford to get sick now. Not with Alexander so busy with work and myself with my social gatherings."

"Your social gatherings will not be affected" Teddy stated. "Now how about I take you both upstairs. The girls are excited to see you again Alec."

Alec beamed "I've been counting down the days till I got to see them again." He eagerly followed after Teddy, but his wife trudged behind.

Teddy led the couple into the small but cozy apartment. The living room, kitchen and dinning room were all attached into one singular room. But that was the way Teddy preferred it. It allowed her to have eyes on the girls at all time. "Welcome to my home" she beamed.

"It's a little small don't you think?" Stephanie asked glancing around. She would rather the flooring be hardwood rather than the carpeting it was, or a more neutral colour instead of the sunny yellow.

"I think it's cozy" Alec answered instead. "Where are the girls?"

Teddy giggled and held up her hand to signal for him to wait. Within a minute there was the sound of footsteps coming running towards them. "They always come to greet me as though I've been away for months rather than just a couple minutes."

"Mommy!" both girls burst through the room and toddled towards their mother. Charley had glanced nervously towards the newly arrived couple and moved to hide behind her mother's legs. Joey however had spotted Alec and pranced right up to him. She glanced at him with a straight confident back. "You're here," she announced eyeing him carefully.

Alec chuckled a little and knelt down before the little girl. "I came back. I promised I would," he said reaching forward to ruffle the girl's hair slightly.