23. Mothers-in-Law Unite

Start from the beginning

"Make it up to me?" I huffed. "24 years is a lot of time."

"I know. That is why I told you about this deal. I don't want you to spend your life like I did. I was married off to your father and I barely knew him, I don't want that hell of a life for you. I want you to do what you are happy with."

"I-" I started. "I don't know what to say, mom." I said and she gasped.

Tears rolled down her cheeks.

"What's wrong?"

"You have never called me 'mom', you always call me 'mother'." she said, still in shock.

"I always called you mother because you were just that to me, a birth mother. Today, you have shown me that you can be a mom."

I wiped my tears away. This was all I had ever wanted, a real mom.

"So why did you agree to marry him when you knew this was a scam?" she asked me.

"I didn't. The pictures were fake, we weren't engaged. We just did that to get you off our backs." I shrugged.

"So why did Ashwin tell you this? His company held profit by this deal." she was confused.

"Um...this isn't my place to say anything, but he is gay." I said and her eyes widened with shock.

"Really?" 

"Yes, you never wondered why he was doing so much back and forth to New York?"

Her eyes widened as realisation hit her. "Vivan!?" she was utterly shocked.

"Yes. But you were always against him." I said.

"I wasn't a bit concerned at the starting but then your father got into my head and told me how bad it was. Now, I am actually happy for him." she smiled.

"Woah. Who are you? And what have you done to my mom?" I said and we both laughed.

It was the first time that had happened. We never just sat down and talked and laughed.

"Why are you sitting with that pillow?" she asked next.

Shit.

"I- um..." I said but then and idea struck me. "Do you really want to make it up to me?"

She nodded.

"Are you sure?"

"I am very sure. I am tired of always listening to your father giving me commands on how to treat the both of you. I want you to be happy." she stated.

I stood up and opened my robe to show her the bump. I was wearing Shiv's T-shirt and my pyjamas inside which showed my bump prominently. I heard her gasp loudly.

"Naina-" she started but I cut off her sentence.

"I know. Before you say anything, I want you to know I wanted this and I am happy with this. When I got to know, I wanted to keep it because I didn't want to be like you. I wanted to care for my children. So if you want to make up for it, you have to accept this and stand by my side through this." I completed.

"Oh my God! Yes! I will be here through all of this." she said and I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. 

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, really. I didn't get a chance to be a good mother but I will try my best to be a good grandmother." she smiled which I returned.

"Thank you mom. This was all I ever wanted." I said and hugged her.

When we pulled away,

"Who is the father?" She asked me.

"Um." I said. "Wait here." 

The Accidental WeddingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara