Chapter 99: Separate Ways

*In Narrator's Voice*
Previously on Dragon Ball Z! After a long and grueling battle, Gohan managed to come out on top. Cell has been defeated thanks to the support he received from all his friends. It was a long and winding road but, at long last, Dr. Gero's scheme to kill Goku and to take over the world has been finally put to rest. Now, it's up for our heroes to tie-up some loose ends that Cell left for them such as bringing back the people he has killed back to life. Now, join us for this epic conclusion!

After Gohan defeated Cell, Piccolo and the other Z-Fighters surround him with faces that can barely hold the relief they're feeling. Piccolo tells Gohan, "You did it, Gohan, you defeated Cell and saved the Earth." Krillin replies, "Yeah, that was awesome! You can't believe just how incredible those Kamehameha were!" Yamcha replies, "Yeah, but I still can't shake this feeling that we're still not out of the dark yet. But enough about me, how are you feeling? Can you still get up?" Gohan then attempts to get up and successfully does so. He replies, "Yeah, don't worry, Mr. Yamcha. I may have given it all I got into that final Kamehameha but I can manage to get up." Tien replies, "That is thanks to your uncle's sacrifice in giving you the last Senzu Bean." Gohan replies, "And I'm grateful for that and why we need to bring Uncle Raditz as soon as possible." Tien replies, "Alright, I'll get Raditz and you get Ranch, Yamcha." Yamcha nods his head as he goes over to pick up Ranch's body. Suddenly, 13 approaches Gohan and places his hand on his shoulder and tells him, "That was a dang mighty Kamehameha battle if I've ever seen one good job, Gohan." Gohan asks, "13? I thought you were destroyed." 13 replies, "Not exactly. You see, after Cell had destroyed 16's body, I tried to help but I was overpowered by those freaks he called children. However, unlike poor 16, the Cell Juniors didn't exactly destroy my body, they simply took me apart gently and played with my parts. After 16 and your cousin gave their lives for you to release your power, that gave me the chance to put myself back together and just in time too." Gohan replies, "That's incredible! And thank you for helping me out back there. I'm not gonna lie when I say that I was in a bit of a pickle." 13 replies, "No problem, kid. However..." 13 takes his hat off and places on his chest and looks down as he tells Gohan, "Condolences on your loses. I can't imagine the pain of having no father, no uncle, or a cousin." After a moment of silence, Gohan begins laughing much to 13's confusion. He asks, "Uh, is there something funny I missed?" Gohan replies, "Don't worry, 13, we can still bring them back. The Dragon Balls, remember?" 13 asks, "Really? That's right, I completely forgot! Yee-haw! Let's go bring them back!" Everyone then yells out, "HOORAY!"

Meanwhile, back in Goku's house, everyone is left in shock as to what happened. After the last Kamehameha, Fortuneteller Baba's Magic Ball was destroyed due to the intense power of the Kamehameha. Chi-Chi asks in a bit of a panic, "What happened? Where's my Gohan? Please, tell me!" Chi-Chi proceeds to cry on Fortuneteller Baba's tunic and sneezes on it. Fortuneteller Baba replies, "Alright, alright! I'll tell you just stop! This is my last clean set and the rest are still at the dry cleaning store." Chi-Chi lets go and wipes her tears off. Fortuneteller Baba continues, "Alright, I don't know exactly what happened but using my fortunetelling skills, I can infer that Gohan... Lost?" Everyone is surprised to hear this, especially Chi-Chi who then shouts out, "What do you mean he lost?" Fortuneteller Baba replies, "Because he did! My fortunetelling skills have never been wrong before!" Launch replies, "No, I don't think so." Fortuneteller Baba asks, "And what do you know?" Launch replies, "I don't know but somewhere deep inside my gut, I know that Gohan won, I just know it." Fortuneteller Baba replies, "Well actual fortunetelling from an expert is more accurate than a gut feeling from an amateur." Launch replies, "Is that so? Then why don't we bet?" Fortuneteller Baba asks, "A bet?" Launch replies, "Yeah, if Gohan comes through the door then ya have to give me 10 million Zeni." Fortuneteller Baba asks, "10 million Zeni? That's insane!" Launch asks, "Why? Are ya a chicken?" Fortuneteller Baba replies, "You know what, I'll take part in this bet. However, if I was right then you're gonna have to be my servant and give me all the foot massages I want. Deal?" Launch hesitates for a bit but accepts the offer. Master Roshi then thinks to himself, If there even is still an Earth. Launch, I really hope you're right.