Chapter 29

Mark was standing outside the balcony, he looked at the view of the city. His phone vibrated, he answered.

"Carlos, talk to me."

"Boss, my men just informed me that Fernando..." Carlos suddenly stops.

"He what? Is he dead?" Mark asks with eagerness.

"No. He escaped from prison. Today was the day my men planned to eliminate him."

"Damn! This doesn't sound great for me. If he's out there then that means he's coming for me. I know Fernando he'll hunt me down." Mark said as he looks worried.

"But don't worry. I'm coming there for you. Don't leave the house, stay inside."

Mark felt something from behind him. He turned around. Mark saw Fernando pointing a gun at him.

"Fer... Fer..." He stuttered.

Fernando takes the phone from Mark. He throws the phone in the pool.

"Hello Mark." Fernando smiles.

Mark couldn't believe it.

Fernando grab Mark and walk with him inside the house. Mark sees his bodyguards on the floor - knocked out.

"Fernando, I can explain. I didn't not mean for things to turn out his way. I had no choice." Mark pleaded.

Fernando pushes Mark to the couch, he sat down. Fernando stood as he aims the gun at him.

"Please Fernando I beg. My family was under threat! I needed the money to pay off the debts. They kidnapped my sister. I had to do it to free her."

"Shut up! Don't justify your actions. I always told you - your gambling would get you in trouble. Now I lost my friend because of you!" Fernando snapped.

"I'm sorry."

"It too late for that."

"Please forgive me. I will give you back your position and I'll leave town."

"I don't want the damn position, I don't care about the gang. I want you  to pay for your actions." Fernando moved closer.

"Please don't kill me. I would do anything."

"Anything?" Fernando asks.

Mark nods.

"Would you bring back Tommy?"

Mark was speechless as he couldn't answer the question.

Fernando shot Mark on the chest twice. Fernando moved closer to Mark.

He looked at Mark with a cold expression. Fernando shot Mark on the head.

Fernando felt down as he left the house.

******************************