62 Make It To Me

Kris

Valentine's Day comes around when we were already out in Mesa so we had to make do with what we had. We would have much rather done a nice dinner in the city or a walk through the garden, just stay in our house and chill out in the reading nook, but that's just not possible right now. So we decide to do a dinner here and find a nice place to walk around so we can still enjoy the holiday. We get all dressed up and take some pictures before heading out. Serenity did her research and insists that this is the best place around. So we order whatever sounds good and just enjoy a nice calm night. The last one for a while now.

"You ready for baseball to start" Serenity wonders as she eats her salad. She still doesn't eat all that much but I swear she looks a thousand times better now that she did before. Her medicine wasn't hurting her as much anymore and I could tell it.

"I would like to think so, yes. Physically I'm in the best shape of my life. My dads off season program helped me to fix things that we noticed from last year and in the short few hours I've been working out here I feel great. Mentally I'm more ready now than I ever been. This can be the best year of my life if I do things right" I insist.

"What are you hoping for this year" she wonders.

I smile as I think of all the wonderful possibilities. "I want to win the World Series. I want to break this curse and get people to stop calling us lovable losers. We won 97 games last year and have more talent on our roster than most have had in the last decade. We have so many guys on this team who has the potential to take this world by storm, I can't wait to get out there. I want to do my best, whether that's means I win MVP or a golden glove, well that doesn't matter. I want to be the best me I could possibly be for every other guy out there working like me too.

And I want to be the best husband I can be. I know it's going to be hard, I'm going to miss you like hell when I'm out on the road. I'm going to want to spend time with you but you'll be doing stuff for your book and I'll be putting on makeup for pictures. It's gonna be tough, not being able to ask you if you're okay every time I get scared because I haven't asked you in a few minutes. Part of me will always worry about your heart. But all of me knows every single detail is worth it.

And then, eventually, we can have kids" I explain.

"How did I know that was what you were going to end with" she giggles.

"Because you know me so well" I admit.

"So when did you want to have kids? Because there's a lot that goes into me carrying a child" she explains.

"I know. And if it's too dangerous we can always have a surrogate too" I insist.

"I know. But I do want to try for one of my own. I want to see if I can carry a baby and it be healthy and happy. I think that would be awesome" she smiles.

"I think so too. But not for another year or two" I say.

"I agree. I'm not ready for all of that yet, I can barley control the dogs" she shakes her head.

"You're going to be a wonderful mother. The kids are going to be the luckiest because they get to call you their mom and no one else does" I insist.

"Well if that isn't the sweetest thing" she smirks.

"Only the best for you on Valentine's Day" I wink.

After lunch we find this nice place to walk around. It was a Mesa version of the Chicago botanical gardens. It was nothing like the one back home but that's okay, a change of scenery from time to time is good. I can look at all the different flowers and know that I picked the best one.

This place had speakers set up throughout the garden that played beautiful music. Mostly love songs but I didn't mind, it was Valentine's Day after all. So we walk hand and hand and admire these beautiful flowers we've never seen before.

"Oh! This is Sam Smith" I notice as the song changes and Serenity smiles up at me.

"You listen to him now" she asks.

"He's a powerful singer with a amazing voice and great message. How can I not like him" I scoff.

I stretch out our arms that were connected at the hand before pulling her back into my chest. I wrap my other arm around her as we start to sway.

"My mind runs away to you
With the thought I hope you'll see
Can't see where it's wandered to
But I know where it wants to be

I'm waiting patiently though time is moving slow
I have one vacancy and I wanted you to know that

You're the one designed for me
A distant stranger that I will complete
I know you're out there we're meant to be
So keep your head up and make it to me
And make it to me."

I softly place a kiss on her lips and it felt like time slowed down. It gave me a chance to really take in this moment and appreciate that I have someone that makes my life special. I have someone that I can turn nothing into something with and I would be a fool to ever let that go.

So I twirl her around on my finger as she smiles big. Her short brown hair flies as she falls into my arms again. And I keep her steady as I hold her close, never giving her the chance to fall.

She looks up at me with those big brown eyes and I knew that this had to be heaven.

"So sick of this lonely air
It seems such a waste of breath
So much that I need to say
So much to get off my chest

I'm waiting patiently though time is moving slow
I have one vacancy and I wanted you to know that

You're the one designed for me
A distant stranger that I will complete
I know you're out there we're meant to be
So keep your head up and make it to me
Make it to me."

As the song stops so does time as I get lost in her eyes. It all fades away as I see my reflection in her eyes. And I see the absurd amount of happiness she has for being here with me and it just melts my heart, that she looks this good and it's because of me.