:jigging

D A Y N I N E
ᵀᵒ ᵐᵒᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵈᵒʷʷⁱᵗʰ qᶜᵏ ʲᵉʳᵏʸ ᵐᵒᵗⁱᵒⁿ, ᶜᵃᵗᵒʳ ᵒᶠ ˣⁱᵉᵗʸ

Ethan sat August down on the sofa and just for a moment he held her really tight just to try and get her to feel safe.

Her leg was bouncing as she sat so Ethan applied pressure to it to stop the motion, it kind of helped and he tried to joke about it by saying,

"Hey, jiggings a bad habit"

But he knew when she didn't break a laugh that things weren't okay.

He ran his thumb over her knuckles and sighed, he knew full well that all of it was his fault. If he had just been there none of it would've happened and he knew that.

Fuck, he should've just told her that he was busy instead of just disappearing. He knew he was a bad person and now it was down to him to sort his mess.

"Hey sunshine it's Ethan" he smiled forcefully and her head slowly got higher so that they made eye contact and he stared at the red in the whites of her eyes.

"Ethan?" She managed through her heavy breathing.

"Yes" he laughed his eyes for some reason pricking with tears "it's me, hi" the raw emotion in his voice triggered something in August's head and without thought she threw herself at him.

She clung round his body and he held her even tighter and the couple didn't part for minutes possibly hours, but that hug meant so much to both of them.

When August pulled away her cheeks were stained with tears and the mascara she had been wearing had ran down her face.

"Shall we get you in the bath?" Ethan impulsively asked and the girl thought about the warmth of the water and the calming bubbles and agreed to let go of him so he could run her the tub.

August didn't move from her position until Ethan returned and told her the bath had been filled, to which she slowly stood from her seat and advanced towards the bathroom.

Ethan waited awkwardly in her front room for her to come out but he couldn't sit still he was panicking, what if she fucking drowned? Ethan had never had to tend to someone as stoned as she was.

"Ethan" she called from the bathroom "Ethan come here!"

Ethan stopped outside the door, holding the handle wondering whether it was right even if she had told him to walk in.

Eventually he allowed himself in and his eyes flickered to the girl who was buried beneath many bubbles, he laughed at the sight.

"Will you come wash my hair?" She asked with a pout and Ethan couldn't help but smile.

"Sure" he agreed going over towards the toilet seat where he could sit while reaching for her hair.

August closed her eyes in complete bliss as he ran his fingers through her long brown hair and for some reason Ethan too found it soothing.

"Do you have any weddings to plan?" He asked breaking the silence and the girl scoffed.

"Mr and Mrs Laughlin, December-" she squinted to think "-December the twentieth"

Ethan smiled at the thought of a wedding and it caused him to stop running his fingers through her hair so August turned in the bath to watch him as he grinned like a goof.

"Hey, do you want to stay?" She asked and Ethan snapped from his thoughts and made eye contact with the girl covered in bubbles.

"Sure" he smiled "but I sleep on the right" he stated and a smirk appeared on August's face as she said,

"I sleep on the left"