Chapter 4: I don't want to be alone tonight

Start from the beginning

"Ups", Jeno says smirking.

"Maybe I should help you cleaning.", Jeno offers and wipes the sauce at the corner of Jaemin's lips with his thumb. He slowly brings his thumb to his own lips and licks it clean.
"Do you want me to help you cleaning....Jaeminie?"

Jaemin whines. "Y-yes. Help me to clean this mess.", Jaemin whispers.

"Alright", Jeno says while leaning in.

He starts with kissing the tip of Jaemin's nose.
Jeno can hear how Jaemin's breath hitches.

He follows the trace of the sauce with his lips. Slowly kissing everything clean. He comes closer and closer to Jaemin's lips. When he arrives at the corner of them, he leans back to look at Jaemin.

Jaemin already has his eyes closed and waits for Jeno's next move.

Jeno leans in again and his lips hover over Jaemin's. Their breaths mingle. When Jeno is finally ready to close the gap, he gets interrupted by Jaemin.

"Do you really don't want to sleep in my bed tonight?", he says now looking in Jeno's eyes.

Jeno takes a step back with a heavy heart.
"You won't stop asking till I agree to sleep with you tonight, right?"

"Yes. Or I will just come and sneak in the couch with you. But you know it will be really uncomfortable, since the couch is so small and...."

"Okay, okay.", Jeno says stopping Jaemin from rambling.

"Okay what?", Jaemin says smirking.

"Okay, I will think about it."
Jaemin's smirk fades. "When a person says, she will think about it, it mostly means no."

"Jaemin", Jeno says with a threatening voice. "Don't provoke me or you will seriously sleep alone tonight."

"I could also ask Renjun.", Jaemin says with an innocent voice, but his eyes show that it is far from innocent.

Jeno's eyes darken and he growls. "Don't you dare." Jeno takes a step closer. "Don't play with me, Jaemin."

Jaemin also takes a step closer. "And what if I do? What will you do then?"

Jeno opens his mouth to say something, but gets interrupted by the bell.

"I will go", Jaemin says and turns around to open the door, after one final look in Jeno's eyes.

Jeno also turns around to continue cooking, after cleaning his cheek.

"Haechanie", he hears Jaemin screaming.

"Jaemin-ah", Haechan screams back.

Jeno goes to the living room and sees them both hugging each other tightly in the door. He feels a weird feeling in his stomach, a feeling he doesn't like. But he pushes it away and comes closer to also greet Haechan.

They both give each other a fist bump and when Jeno looks up, he sees a sulking Mark entering the doorm.

"Hi, Mark-Hyung is everything alright?", Jeno asks with real concern and from the corner of his eyes, he sees Haechan flinching by the mention of Mark's name.

Jaemin also seems to realize that, because he puts his arm over Haechan's shoulder and whispers something like "I missed you", which Haechan reciprocates.

"Y-yeah. Everything is alright.", Mark says and forces a smile. "Jaemin, wow you are really back", he says and before he could open his mouth to add something, Jaemin is already pulling him into a hug.

Jeno looks at Haechan and sees that he and himself have the same look on their faces. Both obviously displeased with the hug, but in Haechan's look you can also see something like hurt. Jeno reminds himself to ask Haechan later, what is going on.

"We still aren't finished with making dinner. Do you two want to help us, now that you are here?", Jaemin suggests with a smile.

Haechan glares at Mark, before answering: "I don't think, this is a good idea."

Before Jaemin or Jeno can ask, why it isn't a good idea, Mark speaks.

"Where are the others?"

"Renjun is taking a nap and the other to probably went to their room to share some gossip", Jaemin says with a little smile.

"Okay, I will go and say them hello. Haechan can go cook with you. He is a better cook anyways."

Haechan doesn't look at Mark, not showing even the slightest reaction to the compliment.

Mark leaves to the room, in which the others are.

When the door closes, Jaemin looks at Haechan. "Will you tell us, what is wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong", Haechan says and goes to the kitchen.

Jaemin looks confused at Jeno, who looks back with the same confused expression and shrugs.
Jaemin nods to the kitchen and Jeno understands and follows Jaemin to continue cooking their dinner.

They both hope nothing to bad happened between Mark and Haechan, because they both feared a summer fight - Part 2.
And even tho Jaemin was in hiatus at this time, Jeno told him everything. Also that he and the other dreamies sufferd too, because of their fight.
And if there is one thing Jaemin can't see, is seeing the other, but especially seeing Jeno, suffering.

So Jaemin will do everything to prevent that the argument between Mark and Haechan will become something too big.
And he already has a plan.