Chapter 11 White, Blue, & Pink?

Two months later, Luka wakes up full of excitement. Today is the day he marries Marinette. He thinks back to all the ups and down's they gone through with a grin across his face.  These tough times are what brought them closer together.

      Marinette wakes up nervous. She cannot believe it is finally here. It is the day she is to marry Luka. She dresses with anticipation for the day. She puts on very little make-up, and smiles as Juleka does her hair. She is glad Juleka  agrees to be the maid of honor since Alya is out of town for a family reunion.

     Juleka finishes Marinette's hair and adds a cute, single pink rose in back. She takes a look to examine her work. She gives her a satisfactory grin as she snaps a few photos.

      Later, Luka's cousin, the flower girl scatters pink rose petals down the aisle after each step, careful to place each one just right without tripping over her feet.

      The bridesmaids come out all in pink, and Juleka arrives in a pink dress with her signature black ribbon around the waist area.  Now, it is Marinette's turn to come down the aisle to join Luka at the front of the church.  Her father escorts down toward the front and smiles.  He is proud of his daughter and cannot think of anything that could make him happier right now.

    The pastor asks, "Who gives this woman away to marry him?"

     Tom stands proudly and answers,"Her mother, and I."

      The pastor smiles when no one protests the ceremony.  He sees the couple relax as the wedding goes on without any problems. 

      The pastor asks, "Luka Cuffaine, do you take Marinette Dupain-Cheng as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, until death do you part?"

        "I do,"  Luka says.

     The pastor continues, "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, do you take Luka Cuffaine as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better  or for worse, for sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, until death do you part?"

     "I do," Marinette says.

     " I now pronounce you, husband and wife.  You may now kiss the bride."  The pastor says.

     Luka lifts the veil, smiles at Marinette, and kisses her. She returns the kiss.

     The photographer grins as she takes photos of them because she is happy for them.

       After the wedding, the reception takes place in the church banquet room.  It is already full of decorations just for the special occasion.        

      Luka and Marinette greets their friends and family. They are happy to see how many people came to celebrate with them.  They find a seat and enjoy some tasty snacks.  They drink some punch and share a slice of cake.

    Marinette blushes when Luka removes the small, lacy, blue garter from her left thigh.  He tosses it, and Ethan catches it.  

   Next, Marinette throws her bouquet for the single ladies in attendance. She hears a squeal as Juleka catches it. 

   Marinette and Luka dance together. Then, they leave for their honeymoon.   They arrive safely at their destination.  

  This story continues in Epilogue: Our Family