Chapter 9 Who is She, Luka?

A few weeks later, a girl shows up on a motorcycle.  She smiles and waves at Luka.  She wears a tight red suit with matching boots and  a red helmet with yellow flames across it.

         Marinette glares at the other girl in annoyance. She is Luka's fiance.  She dislikes the flirty behavior the stranger displays toward Luka. She turns to Luka at once.

         "Who is she, Luka?"  Marinette asks. She distrusts the other girl.

         "Marinette, she is an old friend.  She is rich, owns a collection of Rwby collector's cards and happens to be Lila's cousin."  Luka remarks.

        "Lila's cousin, she sounds horrible already." Marinette retorts.

        "Marinette, what is with the attitude?" Luka says. He shows concern for his fiance.

        "She flirts, Luka."  Marinette scoffs.        

"Marinette, calm down," Luka says.

Luka shakes his head in disbelief because he loves Marinette.  He sees no reason for her to be jealous.      

        Luka's  POV:

       He worries for Marinette. He knows she has been through a lot lately, however, that is no reason for her to be jealous.  He dislikes Kagami because she obsesses over every boy she meets.

      Kagami's  POV:

       She sees Marinette's grimace. She laughs when she senses Marinette's jealousy. She sees the ring Marinette wears and frowns. She dislikes Marinette because she has Luka.       

      Marinette's POV:

        She worries Luka likes Kagami, so she sneers at her.

       Marinette says, "Luka, are you friends with her?"

      Luka remarks,  "Marinette, there is nothing between Kagami and me. She and I are over."

      Marinette rolls her eyes. 

     "What do you mean, Luka?"  Marinette asks.

     Luka places his hands on his hips in annoyance. 

        "Kagami and I use to date when we were younger.  Only she left town and we broke up." Luka explains.

     Marinette shakes her head. 

 "Luka, you use to date her?"  Marinette asks.

 Luka scoffs, "Yes, it is not like it matters anyway. "

  Luka remarks,  "She broke up with me before she left town."        

  Marinette retorts, "Oh, so that makes it better, huh?  She breaks your heart, so you use me?"

   Luka shakes his head.  "No, Marinette!  I did not use you." Luka says.

    Marinette shakes her head in disbelief. She thought there were no secrets between them.  

     "Somehow, I  do not believe you!" Marinette says. She removes the ring and throws it on the ground.

       Luka sobs as he picks the ring up cleans it off and puts it inside his pocket. He does not understand it. He chases after Marinette.

      "Marinette, wait! I can explain..." Luka says.

    " There is nothing to explain, Luka, because we are over!"  Marinette says. She runs off in tears.

        Luka watches her go and breaks down. He cannot understand how Marinette calls off the engagement just like that when there is no reason too. He goes home where he puts the discarded ring back into the box. He puts the box in his sock drawer.

         Juleka comes back from work and sees Luka is home. She knows he was out on a date with Marinette. She sees his sad expression and worries about him.

      "Luka, what  is the matter?"  Juleka ask.

       "Jules, it is awful.  Kagami comes back into town and Marinette sees her. She gave the ring back."  Luka says with his head down.

       " Marinette breaks  off the engagement, but did she say why?" Juleka asks.

     " She thinks I use her to get back at Kagami for the break-up.  It is not true, but she refuses to listen," Luka says.

      "Brother,  did you give her any reason too believe this ridiculous notion?"  Juleka asks him.

       "No, I  love her."  Luka answers.

      Juleka hugs him and hopes he will be alright. She hates to see her older sibling this upset over a girl.        

     This story continues in Chapter  10  Lukanette Mends The Brokeness!