The Barrier Comes Down

CHAPTER 30

CHAPTER 30

"Lumiere, unveil the gift. They need to see it!" Jane says urgently.

"And now for the unveiling of King Ben's masterpiece, designed especially for his lady," Lumiere announces causing Ben and Uma to stop dancing. The horns play before a stained glass window is revealed. It is of Zoe with green hair with a crown, brown eyes, and a green Isle themed dress with Ben kneeling in front of her.

"Ben did that?" Zoe asks as she stares at it in shock.

"Yeah, he did," Evie answers her.

"Oh! Evie," Zoe says as they start walking back down the stairs. "Ben's known who I was all along. Oh!"

"He loves the real you, Z," Mal tells her.

"A true love," Zoe says still in shock.

"Yeah," Evie agrees.

"Told you," Carlos adds.

"Cover that back up!" Uma yells as Ben stares at the window.

"I will not!" Lumiere yells back.

"Um, uh... why don't you tell everyone the present you have for me, Ben?" Uma asks.

"I have an announcement!" Ben calls out. "Uma will be joining the court tonight as my lady."

"Son..." Beast tries.

"Not now, Dad!" Ben yells at Beast and looks like he is fighting against himself. "Uh, so as my gift to her, I'm bringing down the barrier once and for all!" Everyone gasps. "Fairy Godmother. Bring down the barrier."

"I most certainly will not," Fairy Godmother states.

"I am your king!" Ben yells at her.

"Obey him," Uma adds.

"Ben's been spelled," Zoe says.

"Uma found my spell book," Mal adds and Zoe nods.

"Just look at me," Uma tells Ben. Zoe looks at the window and realizes what she has to do to get Ben back.

"Ben," Zoe calls as she steps forward causing Uma and Ben to look at her. "Ben. Look at me."

"No, look at me. You love me, remember?" Uma says getting Ben to look at her.

"No, you don't," Zoe argues.

"Yes, you do," Uma tries again.

"Ben, look at me," Zoe says causing him to look at her.

"Bring down the barrier now!" Uma yells at Fairy Godmother.

"I do not take orders from you!" Fairy Godmother tells her.

"Ben?" Uma tries.

"Ben, I never told you that I loved you because I thought that I wasn't good enough. And I thought that it was only a matter of time before you realized that yourself. But, Ben, that's me!" Zoe explains as she points at the window causing Ben to look at it. "I'm part Isle and part Auradon."

"Ben, eyes over here," Uma orders turning him around and he looks at her.

"And, Ben, you've always known who we were and who we can be," Zoe says causing Ben to look at her.

"Don't listen to her," Uma tries again.

"Ben, I know what love feels like now. Ben, of course I love you. Ben, I've always loved you," Zoe says before kissing Ben.

"Zoe," Ben says with as Zoe pulls away before they rest their foreheads together.

"True love's kiss," Mal says with a smile.

"Works every time," Evie finishes before they fist bump.

"Ugh, give it to me!" Uma yells as she tries to grab Fairy Godmother's Wand.

"No! Guards, seize her!" Fairy Godmother yells. Uma runs to the edge of the ship.

"No, no! Stop, please! Stop!" Zoe calls out to keep people from surrounding Uma. "Uma, I know you. You are so much more than just a villain. And you have to believe me, because I've been there. Do not let your pride get in the way of something that you really want." Uma's necklace starts to glow as Zoe steps forward. Uma then jumps over the edge into the water. "No, no! Uma! Uma!" Everyone rushes to the edge. All they can see is the glow of the necklace before the water starts to swirl and rise up. The water then bursts sending everyone back as they are soaked. In the water is Uma with tentacles.

"True love's kiss won't defeat this," Uma says as everyone looks at her in shock. "The world will know my name!" Uma swipes a tentacle at them making them duck. She does it again making Zoe angry that her friends are in danger. Zoe walks away from everyone as her eyes turn purple. Uma laughs at her as she starts shaking.

"Zoe?" Ben asks worriedly. Zoe is then covered in black smoke before she emerges as a purple dragon. Zoe blows fire at Uma before Uma swipes at her with a tentacle.

"Come on, Zoe! Let's finish this once and for all!" Uma calls out causing Zoe to roar. Zoe blows fire at Uma before Uma swipes at her and she dodges. Zoe blows a fire ball at Uma causing her to duck underwater. When Uma emerges from the water it sends a wave towards the ship.

"Watch out!" Ben yells as the wave comes. The wave soaks them while making the ship rock. Ben roars before handing his crown to Carlos and his jacket to Jay.

"Wait, Ben! No!" Carlos calls before Ben jumps into the water.

"Ben!" Evie, Jay, Mal, and Carlos call for him.

"Zoe, Uma! Stop! Back down!" Ben calls as he looks between the two.

"What are you gonna do, Ben? Splash me?" Uma questions him causing Zoe to growl at her.

"That's enough! It's got to stop! This isn't the answer! The fighting has got to stop! Nobody wins this way! We have to listen and respect each other. It won't be easy, but let's be brave enough to try," Ben explains before turning to Uma. "Uma, I know you want what is best for the Isle. Help me make a difference." Ben holds out a hand to Uma. Zoe roars as Uma raises a tentacle. Uma then puts Ben's ring in his hand. Uma gives a sad smile before swimming away. Carlos and Jay lower a ladder as Ben swims back to the ship.

"There you go," Beast calls before helping Ben over the side.

"Good job, man," Doug says before everyone starts cheering.