The Drive

Steven's P.O.V.

I started driving to Connie's new house early this morning. I'm taking my dad's van to go pick up Connie. Until I get back, my dad is staying in my room in the temple. My dad living with the gems for a few days. Yikes, I don't know how that's going to turn out.

As I was driving I began to hum a song. I decided to put the song on the speaker because I hadn't realized that there was an awkward silence I had with myself.

I know I'm not that tall

I know I'm not that smart

But let me drive my van into your heart

Let me drive my van into your heart

I know I'm not that rich

I'm trying to get my start

So let me drive my van into your heart

Let me drive my van into your heart

And if we look out of place

Well, baby, that's okay

I'll drive us into outer space

Where we can't hear what people say

I know I don't have a plan

I'm working on that part

At least I've got a van

So let me drive my van into your heart

Let me drive my van into your heart

Singing to my dad's song made me think about my dad and wonder how he was doing with the gems.

~~Meanwhile~~

3rd person P.O.V.

Greg sits on the couch eating some Pringle's out of a can. Amethyst walks in from outside with crazy hair. Without speaking she goes to the fridge and gets a tub of ice cream. She walks over and plops down next to Greg and starts eating with him. The way she eats is that she takes a bite of the cardboard tub as well as the ice cream inside the tub. Greg and Amethyst don't say much, they just enjoy sitting on their butts and eating.

Garnet comes in through the gem door. She is holding a frail, old looking artifact. She walks over to the sink in the kitchen and shoves it down the garbage disposal.

"What the," Greg says.

"What are you doing Garnet?" Amethyst asks. Just then the garbage disposal makes a loud crack sound and the sink comes crashing into the floor. Everyone starts yelling at each other, Pearl walks in, sees the sink and immediately blames Amethyst. It was going just swimmingly with the gems and Greg. Just swimmingly.

Sorry this is probably the shortest thing you've ever read on WattPad. I've been dealing with a ton of homework and family stuff so it's been a long time since I could write. I've also been having a ton of writers block sooo... But I want to get back into the habit of writing regularly by 2020, so we'll see. I hope you are all well, and hopefully the next chapter can come out very soon. Good day fellow Steven Universe stans.