self harm

**Please do not read if you are triggered**

*For effect play Saviour by Black Veil Brides if you wanna maybe cry

//

“Don’t worry, I’ll be right back after we’ve finished!” Andy smiled, kissing my forehead. He, Jinxx, Ashley, Jake and CC were going out to celebrate the release of their new album. I was so happy for him; I could tell the band put a lot of effort into producing it. I was so glad Andy was happy.

“Have fun.” I smiled weakly, hoping he wouldn’t notice. Unfortunately, he did.

“Something wrong?”

“No. I’m just so tired from today.” Phew, he bought it.

“Alright, get some sleep babe. I’ll call you in a few.” He winked, squeezing my hand before leaving out the front door. I ran upstairs, peeking out the window to check he was gone. Andy’s tall frame entered a car that I assumed was Jake’s, and they sped down the road.

Finally. Home alone.

Walking downstairs to the living room, I played Of Mice & Men quite loudly. Instead of rocking out, I went back upstairs to the bedroom. Going through my drawer, I brought out a small box which contained my weapons. My heart sped up, as I knew I was going to break a month clean. Well, what Andy doesn’t know won’t hurt him.

Turning on the light in the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror. Ugh, disgusting. I rolled up my left sleeve, trailing over my old protruding scars. These ones were the deepest I’ve gone, and for some sick reason I wanted to make more. I toggled with the sharp blade in my fingers for a while, before slashing across the skin harshly.

I sighed out in relief, stretching my hand and clenching it. I did this a couple more times, enjoying the sight of my blood running down my hand.  I decided to stop when I noticed the sink and a bit of the floor was covered in droplets. I heard what sounded to be a door slamming, but I shrugged it off as part of the song.

No don’t stop. Come on. Just one more cut.’

And so I gave in to my madness.

“(y/n)? I forgot my phone!” I heard Andy call as he lowered the volume of my music. I dropped the blade, panic completely washing over me. I pulled down my sleeve, making sure to remind myself to clean up later.

“(y/n)?” He said from outside the bedroom door. I walked out to meet him, plastering a fake smile onto my face.

“Yes? Sorry, what?” I laughed nervously. He grinned.

“Forgot my phone.”

I watched as he walked over to his side of the bed to collect his phone. I stood in front of the bathroom door, cursing at myself for not closing it. I can’t do it now, it’ll look too suspicious.

“Alright, now I can actually call you.” He smiled cutely, a strand of hair falling onto his forehead as he pulled up his black skinny jeans.

Thank god he’s leaving. That was too close.’ I thought, as he hugged me. As I thought he was going to leave, he hugged me a little longer, but it was loose. ‘Fuck! He must’ve seen the sink!’

“Show me your arm.”

My heart stopped at his words, as I pushed away from him.

I swallowed an invisible lump in my throat. “N-no.”

“(y/n).”

I looked away from him, feeling my eyes burn. Before I knew it, tears were rolling down my cheeks.