nervous

This story was inspired by 'Tally It Up, Settle the Score' by Sleping With Sirens. Enjoyyy :-D

//

I parked my second-hand car into an empty car park slot before removing the keys from the hole. Packing them away in my bag, I sighed. Today I was starting at a new school, and I guess it just hit me that I’m not as ready as I thought I would be.

Once giving myself a small pep talk, I pushed away my paranoia and stepped out of my car. I don’t know if it was my imagination, but it grew quiet around me as I walked with my hands in the pockets of my vest to the office. The other teenagers who were staring at me were whispering to their friends, probably about how I was ‘the new girl.’

Up ahead I saw a group of guys, dressed in a punk-rock style standing next to their motorcycles. Yet one stood out to me. A tall guy isolated from his group, who was leaning against a wall, had a sleeve of tattoos, a nose and lip ring and raven-black hair. The length of his hair  was pretty long, but just the right length on a guy, in my opinion anyway.

He looked up at me as I walked near him; my heart speeding up and my stomach churning. He placed a cigarette between his lips, staring at me in the eye while he lit the end of it. I held his gaze, trying not to show I was intimidated by him.

The school day went by smoothly, and I was thankful it went by quickly as I got into my car and turned on the ignition. I looked in the rear view mirror as I backed out, but it was those intense, blue eyes that distracted me. My foot continued to press down onto the pedal to reverse, not giving up this staring contest he and I were having. Unfortunately I lost as my eyes tore away from his view, a loud beeping catching my attention.

“Hey! Watch where you’re reversing!” Some random yelled at me, driving away. I huffed, and dared myself to glance back at the rear view mirror. He smirked mockingly at me, before walking away.

“Dick.” I mumbled before driving home.

The rest of the week consisted of our silent stares, but I still didn’t know his name. As we were eyeing each other across the cafeteria, I was startled by someone poking me.

“What the hell are you doing?!” The girl whisper-yelled, sitting in front of me to block my view of the boy.

“What?” I questioned.

“You can’t just death stare Andy like that all the time!” The blonde haired girl stated.

So Andy was his name.

“Why not? He does it all the time to me, I’m returning the favour.” I shrugged.

“Because he’s like, you know, the boss of the school, if you will.” She said, adding quotation marks.

“So? He doesn’t own me.”

The girl sat back in her seat, somewhat flabbergasted at my words.

“I’m amazed… aren’t you afraid of him? Everyone else is.” I had to hold back a snort after hearing that. How could anyone be afraid of him? I’m sure he’s only human, just like everyone else.

“But, why?” I asked, genuinely interested in what this situation was about. All she did as shake her head as she stood up.

“All I’m saying is, when he looks at you like that, it’s like a signal saying not to mess with him. So for your safety, just stop death staring him.” Ironically, I glanced back at Andy to find him still eyeing me.

“Or you’ll be in too deep.” The girl finished and walked away. What, was he going to murder me or something?

Fuck that, if he doesn’t want me to mess with him, then I’m sure as hell going to mess with him.