Train

"Didn't mummy ever tell you it was rude to eavesdrop, Pottah?" Your boyfriend sneered, pulling the blinds of the carriage down. He suddenly flings himself round, pointing his wand up at the baggage racks, whilst shouting a spell. You flinch at the anger and hate that laces his tone, hiding further behind the chair as if to shield yourself from the truth.

This wasn't the Draco you knew.

A large thump fills the silent carriage, the invisible force coming to meet the floor ruffly. You wince at the sound, knowing it was going to leave a few bruises. Your large teary eyes peaked towards the body, watching as Draco ripped the cloak off his body with disgust.

"Oh yeah," Draco says as if remembering. "She was dead before you could wipe the drool off your chin"

You're just staring at him now, shocked at his behaviour, and worried about your Draco. You had never seen him so cold before - it was true that he tried to shield you as much as possible - but you wouldn't have pictured him as a monster before.

You're snapped from your thoughts by a loud crack, one you recognise as something snapping. Dracos foot hovered slightly above Harry's bent nose before Draco covers the body, very much like one does a corpse, whispering something to Harry before sauntering out of the carriage and closing the door.

Once you were sure he was gone, you shuffle forward to remove the cloak from Harry. Folding it neatly you place it on the boy's chest before trying to shake him awake. His eyes blink open, and the dam breaks. You sit next to him, the shocked boy hugging you awkwardly as you weep.

Two days later:

You have avoided Draco for the last two days, ignoring his questioning glances when you throw away his notes, and his hurt expression when you sit with Potter instead of him. However, when his two pale hands slam down on the table right in front of you, you know the time has come. You flinch unwillingly into Harry's side, watching as a hurt expression flashed over his face, eventually settling into a mask of coolness.

You shiver as you recognise it as the one he wore as he stomped on harry's nose.

"What's going on with you?" Draco hisses, glaring at Harry. You fold your arms, anger flooding your veins, increasing your confidence.

"I could ask the same of you!" You retort, slightly louder. This attracts the attention of a few people, who try to conceal their curious gazes behind glasses of juice. He seems confused for a few moments, before standing up to his full height and crossing his arms.

"What do you mean? You're the one acting up!" he exclaims, gesturing to Harry. You turn to lock eyes with harry before deliberately glancing down to his nose.

"Your nose looks brilliant Harry, Who fixed it?" You remark in an ordinary tone, complimenting Luna on a good job when he says it was her. You watch out the corner of your eye as Draco's eyes widen in horror, before narrowing in anger at Harry. Before you can react, He has reached across the table and hauled Harry to a standing position using his curled fist. The two boys are nose to nose, staring the other down. You stand up then, anger and irritation flooding your normally cheerful eyes.

"You told her?" Draco sneers, hands trembling from anger. Harry opens his mouth to retort, but you cut him off.

"I saw, Draco"

His grey eyes snap to yours, the angry expression turning to one of desperation.

"I can explain-" He begs, releasing Harry.

"No," You say as you dismount the bench, preparing to walk out.

He opens his mouth once again, but you cut him off with a sharp "Don't"

You turn on your heels then, striding towards the door.

"Wait! babe! I can explain" Is the last you hear as you walk out the door of the silent hall.

6 Hours later:

It had been six hours since you had walked out, and you knew you had to get some food at some point. You hadn't managed to eat any breakfast or lunch - after the confruntation and staying locked in this abandoned classroom the entire day - so you were starving.

You brush the dust of your robes and head towards the hall. Silence follows your path through the halls, people parting to let you through.

They must have heard the argument.

Everyone heard it.

You attempt to slide into the hall behind a large group of girls, but it backfires as soon as they see a very pissed of Draco staring straight at the door. He had yet to realise you were there, but they parted like the sea to allow him a full view of you. His eyes narrow at you, very much like a hawk zoning in on its prey, and he pushes himself off the bench and stalks towards you. The other girls squeak and slide away, leaving you alone to bear the brunt of Draco's anger.

His eyes have bags underneath them, his hair is ruffled and messy, and your fingers twitch to smooth down the silky locks. You manage to restrain them when he stops inches away from you. You simply stare at each other, unsure of what the other is about to do when he launches forward and wraps you in his strong embrace. You feel the urge to fight, to scream, slowly melting away the longer you stayed in his arms. You became aware of the trembling of Draco's arms, and making contact with Harrys eyes over his shoulder, you nod before guiding Draco out the hall.

He may be cold-hearted, but you still loved him and you wasn't about to let him break down in front of the entire school.

One day later:

You entire the hall, Draco's arm around your waist, and your hands entwined. Hermione and Harry are gazing happily at you, glad to see you happy again. You force an unwilling Draco in the direction of harry, stopping in front of him. You shove Draco forward with a stern glare, smirking at Harry's confused face. Hermione seems to figure out what's happening, and giggles slightly.

Draco opens his mouth to talk, before shutting it and turning to send a pleading glance at you. You hold up five fingers, placing one down in the universal sign of counting down. His eyes widen before closing in defeat. He turns to Harry before blurting "Imsorry" quickly before turning to leave. Harry's eyes widen in realisation before a mischievous smirk appears.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Harry questions, cupping one of his ears with his hand. Draco pauses a blush on his cheeks, and slowly repeats - after checking with you that ,yes, he has to repeat it - "I'm sorry". He spat the words out, looking like they were butter that wasn't melting, before turning once again. You grab the hood of his robe, his blushing face showing a 'what now?' expression, but his complaint is silenced by your lips. You kiss him deeply, pouring your gratitude through the kiss.

draco POV:

If I get rewarded like this every time in nice to Potter, it could become a weekly thing...

A/n Just a small idea I got from the train scene. Hope you enjoyed!