cuddles

A/N This fic is dedicated to witchynyxbebs. Thank you for your support and I hope you like it!

"Draco?" you call, shuffling out of the dorm room and into the communal area. You spot a clump of blonde hair sticking out of a blanket on the far side of the couch, and so you start to make your way over to him. His head lifts – unfurling slightly from his blanket cocoon. Blue eyes blink blearily up at you, rimmed red and puffy.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"You didn't, don't worry. I just decided to come find you" keeping your tone gently, you make sure to approach him in his direct eye line – knowing from experience just how jumpy he can get after a particularly bad dream.

Draco nods his head, eyelids heavy, and mumbles something under his breath. Walking over to the couch, you crouch by his side, raising a hand to cup his cheek. You use this to direct his gaze to yours, smiling softly when Draco's eyelids flutter and he leans into your palm.

"What was that, Love?"

It takes a few seconds for him to figure out what you were asking - sleep fogged brain finding it hard to process - but when he does, he repeats it louder.

"I didn't want to wake you." This time the words are accompanied by him raising a hand, and even in the faint moonlight, you can make out the violent trembling of his fingers. Sliding your hand up from his cheek, you card your fingers through his hair, sending Draco a proud smile. You were no fool, it was hard for Draco to admit such things to anyone, and you were desperate to prove to him that it didn't make him seem any lesser to you in any way. His head tilts back when you do it again, hand snapping up to wrap around your wrist - as he had nearly lost his balance.

Biting back a smile, you shift to sit next to him, reclining so your back is supported by the couch pillows. Pulling his shoulder, you guide him so that he is laying back against you- head tucked in against your neck. Once you had finished in your fussing, you place your hands down onto your lap, only for a bleary-eyed Draco to sleepily grab them - grip surprisingly tight.

Shaking gradually lessening as he slips off into sleep, he keeps his grip on your hands secure through the night - the reassurance appreciated by you both. You drift in and out of sleep for the few hours remaining before dawn, both of you half collapsing to the side so that you are laying horizontally across the couch. Draco lays behind you, arms tight around your waist and forehead resting on the back of your neck. His legs are curled up with yours, half dangling off the sofa, but his grip manages to keep you on the couch for the remainder of the night.

You wake up to the light press of a kiss to your forehead, groaning and rolling onto your side within the cage of your boyfriends' arms. He's beaming at you, hair mussed up and pointing up at one side where it had been plastered against the cushions. Reaching up, you ruffle his hair with a grin, loving the way his face twists in fond annoyance.

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

He mumbles something in return, sleepily leaning over to press a kiss to your lips. Its sloppy and he only really manages to get the corner of your mouth, and he frowns in displeasure. Determinedly leaning in once again, this time he tips over completely and collapses against you - fully draped across you know, trapping you. You snicker at his huff, turning your head to press a kiss to the crown of his head. Turning to Bury his face into your neck,  his breath tickles the skin there, before slowly evening out as he falls back into a light slumber.