Worried

"What was that?"

Draco's tone consists of barely restrained anger with an undertone of concern, and you look up from your book - fingers halting where they had been playing with your necklace. You didn't often wear necklaces, thanks to your constant quidditch games, but you had put on this one for your study date (as it was a Christmas gift from Draco). So, your confusion was understandable as you realise that Draco's gaze is focused on your neck, directly where your necklace was now pulled taunt.

Frowning, you drop the necklace, moving your hand to cover the area Draco is staring at. It's only then that you remember why you had decided to shove on a high-necked T-shirt, and you hurry to fix the collar with a forced smile.

"Just a bit of dirt" You say, internally wincing when Draco raises an eyebrow and pushes himself out of his seat. He has the same determined stride he has when intimidating the younger years, and you now understand why they often followed orders without hesitation. It was clear that he had perfected it over the years, head held high and cape bellowing in an intimidating fashion, but as he gets closer his gaze softens as well as his stride and he sinks to the floor before you. Raising one hand, he allows it to hover just over your neck, eyes holding yours.

"May I?"

You hesitate for a few seconds, unsure, but when Draco only waits for your response instead of pressing, you nod - biting your lip. Draco gently tugs down your collar, just enough to see that the bruise he had spotted earlier is in fact there, before he reels backwards - expression torn between fury and concern. He closes his eyes for a few seconds, exhaling shakily, befire reaching back up. He gently tilts your jaw to the side, using his other hand to pull down your collar. This close up you can see that he is biting his lip - lower lip clamped between his teeth in a way he only does when concerned- and you turn your head slightly to press a kiss to his cheek. His eyelids flutter closed as he presses his forehead against yours, palm cupping your bruised neck. You tug him up onto the couch, relaxing into his arms. Neither of you speak at first, both aware that Draco needs a few moments to calm down.

"It was Marcus, wasn't it?"

Draco can feel you nod against his chest, and tenses, starting to stand up. Pressing a hand to his chest, you push him back down, snuggling closer.

"You can beat him up later, for now...just stay, please"

He settles back, humming an affirmative.