Jealousy

"I swear I've never seen Snape turn so red!" Thomas gasps, "He was like a quidditch ball-" You clutch your stomach, laughing as tears start to form in your eyes. Thomas was a brilliant storyteller, and seemingly had an endless supply of hilarious stories. You had been giggling for a good hour, and both your stomach and your cheeks were aching from the strain. Stumbling slightly, you grip onto Thomas's shoulder for support - letting out a snort as your laughter increases.

"Is that is?" 

The unimpressed response comes from your boyfriend, who glares at Thomas as he hooks an arm around your waist. Your hand slips from Thomas's shoulders now you could lean back against Draco, and your laughter starts to fade into little giggles at your boyfriend's tone. Your eyebrows knit together as you turn to face him, sharing a quick exasperated look with Thomas before fully focusing on him. It's clear from the down turning of his lips that Draco hadn't missed this gesture, but you really have no patience towards him at the moment.

"If you didn't find it funny, then why are you here?" You snap, aggravated at the fact Draco had ruined that last two of Thomas's stories. You weren't one for gossip - preferring to spend your time with either the golden trio or the people hovering on the puter fringes of the social hierarchy - and so you often missed the tales and stories that entertained the student body. It was nice to feel included, without having to think about impending danger or looming exams, and Draco was ruining it. 

"Well, I was planning on spending some time with you, but it's clear that you would prefer to spend your time with someone else"

The look he sends Thomas is downright venomous, and his hand drops from your waist as he turns on his heel and storms out the hall - people steeping out the way of his angry stride. You try to spend a few more minutes with Thomas, but your mind is too distracted with Draco to properly process it. He's understanding, sending you a reassuring smile as you dismiss yourself - saying you should meet up another time and that you could tell him a few of your daring adventures with your friends. Agreeing, you hurry out the hall with a last wave to your friends - heading directly for the astonamary tower. 

You find Draco staring glassily out over the railing, tie undone and draped loosely over his shoulders, shirt untucked and lips pulled into a pout. Shuffling in next to him, you allow your arms to touch as you lean against the railing, joining him in his endless staring. You stay like that for a few moments, knowing from previous times that it often takes Draco a few moments to be able to properly formulate the words to express his emotions. 

"I'm sorry I ignored you" 

He leans more heavily into you as a sign that he had heard your apology but doesn't speak - as if sensing that you had more to say.

"His stories make me feel normal, you know? Like we are normal students ranting about teachers we dislike and sharing funny stories from over the years. Our stories are brilliant, and I love them because I shared them with you, but they aren't as fun to say because they're real. The fear and the loss is real, and no amount of storytelling can ever get rid of that"

Draco nods his head in agreement, letting go of the railing with one hand to wrap it around your shoulders in a hug. 

"I get it. And I'm...sorry, for overreacting. I'm just not used to seeing you with someone like him"

"What do you mean?"

"Someone whose actually good looking"

"But what about Potter?" You tease, squealing when Draco launches into tickling you. The night air is filled with both of your laughter, and a smile is firmly placed upon Draco's lips.