Aftermath

A/N I wanted to dedicate this chapter you Gracehillpower who made my day by voting! Thank you so much!

This chapter is set after the sectumsempra scene when a blood-covered but healed Draco enters the hall.

After you had sent Draco to the baths you had hurried to find a teacher to tell them of his illness. You dropped his clothes off the outside of his bath for when he was dry and returned to the great hall. You were having a long-winded conversation with Luna about magical creatures when suddenly the room fell deadly silent.

Everyone's eyes turn to the door, a few letting out surprised gasps, but no one reacts like you.

Draco's clothes are stained a ruby red, his t-shirt shredded in multiple places, and a face blanketed by shame and pain. His head is bowed - refusing to make eye contact - but he looks up as you leap off the bench. Muffeling a scream of horror, you raise a hand to cover your open mouth, sparkling eyes threatening to overflow with tears.

He keeps watching you as you run towards him, stopping in front of him to grope at his chest to look for injures. Your throat is clogged with tears and you know that if you weren't so panicked about Draco, you would probably be having a panic attack. You sigh in relief as you see he had been healed (making a mental note to thank them later) before flinging yourself into his arms. His clothes are damp, but you don't care as you bury your face in his neck, and he strokes your soft locks soothingly.

You stand like that, in front of the entire school, for a few moments before softly whispering "Who?". Draco freezes; You pull away to cup his face - knowing he couldn't lie to you - and watch as his eyes dart to where you know Harry Potter sat. You kiss him softly - having to fight to pull away as Draco has tightened his grip on you when he figured out your plan - before turning, drawing your wand, and marching towards Harry. He had his back turned to you, Hermione noticing too late to warn him, and you slap the back of his head loudly. The entire hall flinches at the sound, a few teachers moving to try to diffuse the situation. His shocked face turns to you, his hand coming to rub at the tingling flesh.

You point your wand so that the tip is dangerously close to his eyes, and grit out "You're lucky I don't curse people behind their back, Potter". Your tone is like poison, anger coating each syllable like honey. He simply looks at the wand - face supporting scared and sheepish features- before meeting your blazing pools.

You smirk at his silence, pleased. You use the tip of your wand to raise his eyes to yours, whispering "If you ever hurt my boyfriend again, I'll make you regret the day you ever met me, Potter." He squeaks a defeated and scared "Okay". You open your mouth to whisper a spell when arms wrap around your waist and trap your arms. You recognize Draco's scent immediately, but you still struggle- unwilling to surrender so fast- as you are hauled out the hall. You shout rude profanities and insults at Draco- not meaning a single one- as the large door slams shut behind you.

"Damn your hot when angry" Is all Draco says. You open your mouth to argue...

You're promptly silenced by Draco's familiar taste.