Chapter 28

BETH

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look?" He whispered.

I shook my head lightly.

Am I really about to do this?

"Well, I'm saying it now. You look absolutely beautiful, Ellie"

It happened all of a sudden. One second, we were gazing into each others eyes, the next second his lips were on mine.

I froze.

I didn't even have time to process anything before Sam pulled back and his arms fell from my body, his eyes wide in shock.

"I- I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me" he hastily stated, taking a few steps further from me.

I blinked.

His eyes searched mine, desperate for me to say something.

Finally, I opened my mouth.

"Sam, I-"

"Hey! You kids are taking up everyones time, hurry up and get out of there!" A voice broke us out of our spell, making both of us jump and notice where we were.

The ride operator was stood by the door of the cart, with his scrawny arms crossed over his chest and an angry look on his face.

"You're holding up the line!" He yelled and moved to open the cart before he practically began to shove us out. He grabbed my arm and pushed me, making me fly forward and nearly fall flat on my face.

"Hey, watch it! Don't touch her, you asshole!" Sam growled and rushed towards me. He quickly grabbed my hand and led me out of the cart and towards our friends who were standing slightly away from the ride, with all eyes on us.

I gulped.

Jazz is going to have so many questions that I don't have the answers to right now.

"What took you guys so long?" Jack questioned with a sour look on his face. Caleb smacked the back of his head and turned to face us.

"Whatever. It's finally time for the haunted house!" He exclaimed and jumped up and down on the spot, clapping his hands.

"Let's split up: Beth, Dylan and I will go together so that means you three can go together" Jazz suggested, and everyone agreed. She turned to look at me with a mischievous glint in her eyes, which scared me more than going into the haunted house.

"Hey, uh I think I'm going to sit this one out" Dylan suddenly spoke up, breaking me out of my train of thoughts. I turned to look at his pale face and snickered.

"Is someone scared of a fake haunted house made to scare little children?" I teased and watched him narrow his eyes at me.

"I don't care what you say about me but I'm not going in that thing" he muttered and walked away, leaving Jazz and I on our own, who turned to look at me with a wide smile on her face.

"So, you and Sam decided to lock lips without me being there huh?"

I choked on my own spit.

"What? Jazz, why would you say that?" I yelled, putting my hands over my face, which began to turn as red as a tomato. She giggled and looped her arm through mine as we walked into the haunted house.

"It's about time anyway" She nudged my arm slightly.

"But it's not even like that" I spoke, making her turn to me with a scoff.

"Over my dead body would I let you say that was nothing. It was something and we all saw it. Poor Sam looked like he was going to bash his head into a wall after that but I can't really blame him. If my crush never responded to a kiss, I would die of embarrassment right there" she sighed dramatically.