Chapter 20

(This was meant to be the original chapter 20 so I've re-uploaded this chapter and I'm going to publish chapter 21 straight after this. Sorry for the confusion my loves x)

BETH

"It's not broken, just a little swollen," the doctor examined and handed me a small ice pack to hold against my nose. I muttered a thank you as Sam began questioning him.

"So what about medicine? Does she need anything? Antibiotics, pain reli-" he got cut off by the doctor chuckling lightly "No, she doesn't need any medication. You're free to go now, Miss Cooper"

As I stood up from my seat, Sam rushed to my side and held my arm to guide me while I walked. I looked at him confused but he held a determined look so I didn't question it. When we got to the parking lot, I placed my hand on his and stopped walking. He paused and turned to look at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"You know I can walk without you supporting me right?" I asked and removed myself from his hold. He slowly nodded and moved away, walking toward the car instead.

What is his problem?

I follow after him, slightly confused as to why his mood suddenly just changed. He walked over to the passenger side and held my door open. I look up at his face but he's looking down at the ground instead. Huffing, I sat in the car and slammed my door shut before he had the chance to, leaving him slightly stunned. He made his way over to the drivers' side and as soon as he sat down, I started firing questions at him.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you acting like this?" I questioned with a slight glare, my arms crossed over my chest.

He glanced at me as he buckled his seatbelt and turned the car on. I raised my eyebrow at him and he sighed before licking his lips.

"I just, I don't like seeing people being hurt. It reminds me of something I don't ever want to think about again" he ran his hand through his hair and kept his eyes downcast. My eyes softened and I leaned forward to hold his hands. His head shot up, his green eyes wide as they stared into mine.

"I know it may seem like I hate you or whatever, it's not true. So, if you have anything to get off your chest, I'm here to listen" I spoke softly and sent him a small smile.

"Thanks, Princess" he smiled at me.

Yes, that's right.

He smiled.

I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm "Take me home, jerk"

He laughed before saluting "Your wish is my command"

After Sam dropped me off home, I went up to my room, kicked my shoes off and crashed in bed. I tossed the now warm ice pack onto my side table and took my phone out from my pocket to see texts from Dylan and Jasmine. With a groan, I also tossed my phone onto my side table before pulling the covers over my head and letting my world go dark.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shall we wake her up?"

"No, she might still be in pain"

"But she would've woken up if she was in pain"

"Wait, is she even breathing?"

They need to shut the hell up.

I slowly opened my eyes only to feel like the light was going to kill me. I struggled to keep my eyes open and my hands instantly went up to rub them, making Jazz and Dylan notice me immediately.

"Oh god, I was worried about you" Jazz breathed as she came closer to the bed. Dylan stood in the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest, his eyes following mine and Jazz's every move.

"Why are you being creepy?" I asked groggily, making him straight up and make his way towards me.

"I just thought I'd let you two have your conversation before butting in" he shrugged and I rolled my eyes at him.

"What time is it anyway?" I yawned and picked up my phone from my side table to check the time.

9:30pm

I let out a long groan and I turned to face both of the idiots standing in my room.

"I literally fell asleep an hour ago" I whined and fell back on my bed, pulling the covers over my head again.

"Alright, go back to sleep sleepy head. I'll wake you up in the morning this time" Dylan chuckled before telling Jazz that he'll take her home and walking out of my room.

Jazz turned to look at me and smiled softly "I think things might be changing between us for good"

I perked up and glanced at Jazz "between you and Dylan?"

"No, me and my dog. Obviously it's me and Dylan" She rolled her eyes and I laughed.
———————————————————————
Kind of a filler chapter but oh well. This was meant to be chapter 20 but I have no idea how I managed to mess it up.
Hope you guys enjoyed nonetheless ❤️