Chapter 14

BETH

Caleb went after Sam, stumbling and muttering under his breath along the way. Adam's friends came and dragged his bruised body out of the kitchen when Jack started to walk over to me. He paused and turned around. Just as Adam's friends had helped him stand up, he landed a swift punch on his jaw, knocking him back down again.

"Don't ever touch her again if you know what's best for you" He threatened Adam, making him whimper in pain.

As soon as he reached me, he pulled me into a hug and that's when I burst out into tears. He rubbed his hand on my back in a comforting manner and I gripped onto him tighter. My sobs were uncontrollable but Jack held me close and allowed me to let it out. I had just met him an hour ago yet he made me feel safe in his presence.

"Take me home Jack" I looked up at him and pleaded. His face softened at my tear stained face before he nodded and picked me up bridal style. I dug my face into the crook of his neck and wrapped my arms around him.

"Where is she? Where the fuck is my sister!" An angry yell made Jack tighten his hold on me.

"I've got her Dylan. I'm taking her home" Jack spoke, making Dylan turn to us and let out a relieved sigh. Once he noticed the state I was in, his eyes darkened and his fists clenched by his sides.

"Take her home Jack, I'll take care of that bastard" he growled before he walked over to us and planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

"I'll be home soon squirt" he ruffled my hair and stormed off into the house.

The last thing I remembered was Jack placing me in the passenger seat of his car before darkness consumed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Am I flying? I'm definitely moving but I can't feel the ground.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw myself floating in the dark. Wait what?

I screamed and I was suddenly dropped to the floor. I winced at the pain that erupted in my butt and didn't even notice someone standing beside me, eyes and mouth wide open.

"You scream like a fucking banshee holy shit" said the mysterious figure.

"Jack? Is that you?" I questioned and squinted my eyes to get a glimpse.

"No it's mother Theresa" he retorted before turning the lights on. He held out his hand for me to take and I gratefully took it. He pulled me up to my feet and I looked around in confusion.

"How did you get inside my house?"

"Through the front door"

"I know that but how did you get my keys?" Jack smirked at me and said "A magician never reveals his secrets" I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour before I started to kick him out my house.

By tugging at his ear and pulling him out behind me. 

"Ow ow ow ouch! Woman what is wrong with you?" He yelped and swatted my hand away from his ear.

"My precious" he cried as he cradled his ear in his hand. I stood infront of him with my hands on my hips.

"If Dylan sees you here, you're dead" All pain forgotten, he smirked at me before speaking

"Dylan told me to take you home" My mouth formed an O in realisation before I shrugged and walked towards the kitchen. Flashbacks from the party made me stiffen and I immediately turned around and headed towards the stairs.

"I'm going to take a shower" I spoke before I ran up the stairs and into my bathroom.

SAM

I paced my room as I thought about everything that happened today. He went against my warning and touched her. He touched her. My blood boiled as I remembered her cries for help. I had a feeling Adam would do something and cancelled my family dinner plans to make sure she was safe. Mom was annoyed but she didn't question me. She looked so frightened and helpless. I grabbed one of my trophies and threw it on to the opposite wall and saw it smash before it fell onto the ground.

I marched towards my bathroom and went over to my sink. I hurriedly opened the tap and splashed cold water on my face. I tried to control my breathing but I lost it as soon as I looked into the mirror. Looking at myself was like looking back at my failures.

I was supposed to protect her. I was meant to be her prince.

I failed her.

I let out a loud painful cry as my fist came in contact with the mirror, shattering it into tiny pieces. I looked down and observed my bloodied hand. The pain in my hand was nothing compared to her pain and anguish.

Suddenly, the bathroom door flung upon and a frantic looking Alex dashed in.

"Dude, what the hell happened?" He grabbed my hand gently and examined it. Alex was my step brother. We've always been close since we met, considering he's only 2 months younger than me. He pulled me out of my trance by dragging me back into my room. He pushed me onto my bed.

"I'm going to go fetch the first aid kit. Don't even think about punching anything else" he gave me a stern look before leaving my room. A few seconds later, he was back to checking my wounds. He didn't ask any questions and just cleaned me up. Alex never asked any questions; he never forced me to talk when I didn't want to.

"Thanks Alex" I said after the awkward silence and looked at him. A tiny smile danced along his lips and he shook his head.

"That's what brothers are for" He replied. I smiled back at him and we did our handshake that we made up when we were little. I fell back onto my bed as he left the room and just stared up at my plain ceiling. The horrified look on her face when she saw me beating Adam up flashed in my mind. It was pretty clear that she saw me as a monster.

In an attempt to stop replaying everything that went down today, I turned over to my bedside table, where I had carelessly thrown my phone earlier and picked it up. I unlocked my phone and saw that I had 3 texts from Jack.

J: I'm taking her home. She's currently sleeping in my car.

J: I'm at her house now. I'm going to stay and wait for Dylan to get home before I leave. You alright?

J: Okay so she's a screaming banshee. Who knew?

I chuckled before typing back a response.

S: How is she now? Can I come over?

I anxiously waited for his reply, knowing that she probably wouldn't want to see me.

J: She's fine but tired. She's taking a shower but Dylan says you can come over

I got my ass off my bed and ran for my car.

——————————————————————
Who do you guys like: Jack or Sam?

I hope you enjoyed this somewhat of a long chapter 🌚

Vote and comment potatoes ❤️

Rewritten 12/02/18