Chapter 9 of 12

Wonwoo's having a hard time dealing with embarrassment every time he remembers what he said and did to Sakura. He restlessly sat on lab sofa while waiting for Sakura. Then Yoona entered the room and told Wonwoo that Sakura still running errands outside the lab. He said that since  he had free time, he thought he'd wait for her.

Suddenly Yoona's mentioning about preliminary exam for national bar exam that Wonwoo's gonna take. She asked Wonwoo isn't he would be occupied with his studies from now on. Wonwoo smiled then said that he's enjoying his time he spent together with Sakura. Yoona let out heavy sigh since she got bad news that she's already got a new researcher. She told Wonwoo about this matter. Wonwoo slightly smiled and said that he's relieved that they got a new helper. After that he was going home.

Sakura arrived to lab after sundown, the first thing she realized is that Wonwoo's not there. She though that he's busy after all. While thinking about him, she remember his warm hug that time. Sakura slapped his cheek softly to stop her fantasy until she heard a conversation from a room where Yoona and the new researcher sat. There's sitting a cute girl in front of Yoona. She is Sakura's junior from agricultural whom face familiar to Sakura. Yoona introduced Sakura to this new girl named Chaewon as the new helper. Chaewon greeted Sakura and reached out her hand. Sakura looked a little bit shock but tried to control her face. Suddenly the image of Wonwoo reached out his hand when the first time they formally greeted each other at lab appeared inside Sakura's mind. Followed by each of memories they made together, in classroom, in train station, in riverside, in lab, and in Wonwoo's apartment. Then Yoona realized the complicated expression Sakura's made.

"About Wonwoo, He was here not too long ago, but he said he was going home for today. He said that he's glad that we got the new personnel," Yoona smiled. "So will you give Chaewon-sshi the lab instruction?"

"Yeah, I guess," Sakura tried to smile.

"Oh, Wonwoo-sshi from law department? He's amazing. He can still manage to make time to visit this place? My hand are full already with just one seminar," Chaewon said her amazement to Wonwoo.

"Well then Chaewon-sshi, why don't' you start with--," Sakura paused her words. "Start with getting instruction from Yoona-Seonseungnim,"

"Huh?" Yoona confused.

"I'm sorry seonseungnim, would it be ok if I go out for a bit?" Sakura asked for permission.

"Oh, it will be fine. But, is there another engagement you need to attend to?" asked Yoona.

"Yes, it's very important one," Sakura smiled determinately.

"I guess, it can't be help," Yoona let out a sigh then smiled. "Then Chaewon-sshi. Is it ok if we start tomorrow?"

...

Sakura ran as fast as she can, she thought she had to go and see him now. She had to tell him her feeling because there's no reason for Wonwoo to visit the lab anymore. All Sakura did was waiting. But waiting won't be able to change anything. Sakura who has no stamina stopped in front of the station with wobbled knee and panted. She saw Wonwoo was ready to enter the station then she called him.

Wonwoo approached Sakura and before he could say anything else, Sakura asked him why he left before he could meet her. Wonwoo pause for second then he smiled and said that he was glad that now Sakura could be at ease without him around.

With her trembling hand, Sakura gathered the courage to confess her feeling. Wonwoo asked gently about what kind of important topic she want to ask him about, since she ran until she out of breath to chase after him here. But Seungwoo's images haunted her mind and scattered all her courage. Only a short words of gratitude came from her mouth.