Part XII: Monster Village

Start from the beginning

It was strange but I didn't feel anything dangerous. There were no traces of magic up ahead so I decided that we should explore. My map was accurate so far but maybe this was something newly built and hasn't been put up on maps yet.

As we walked further ahead we found ourselves completely surrounded by the trees. It was as if they were hiding this road. I didn't hear the sound of birds chirping or any other animal sounds. The sun somehow made its way through the thick forest, but it had a lot of dark corners. There was no wind at all and everything was too still, almost like time froze in the place we walked.

I suddenly felt an explosion of massive magic energy and my body trembled from fear. It was like the time I met Andrezey, but this magic was even stronger.

"Mistress! Is something dangerous coming here?" Leo prepared a battle stance.

I needed a few moments to collect myself so I couldn't reply to Leo right away. The magic energy was too sudden which meant somebody just teleported here.

"Let's just keep going," I suggested and Leo followed.

The person with the tremendous magic strength already noticed us, maybe he or she came here because we weren't supposed to be here. Running away was too cowardly and not an option. Even though I was shaking from fear I wanted to see things through the end.

"Big sister. It's been a while. I've been wanting to see you." Andrezey appeared from the trees.

Just like last time he had a strange aura. He dressed formally again, but unlike last time today was a mix of black and green colors.  It emphasized his green eye. The red scheme in which I met him emphasized his red eye.

"Andrezey!" I said louder than I wanted."How did you know I was here?"

"The magical contract on your left hand gives out your location at all times," he explained.

I quickly looked at my contract sign before I turned my gaze back to Andrezey. I didn't notice the tracking magic within it until now.

I had so many things I wanted to say but I found myself speeches. Leo was the first one to break the silence. "Who is this little kid?"

"He's Akios's master," I introduced Andrezey.

"Is that the zombie slave Akios gave you as a present?" Andrezey looked at Leo carefully.

"Yes," I simply answered.

"He's pretty beat up big sister. Don't you know that you should take care of your toys?" Andrezey scolded me.

"Leo isn't my toy, he is my friend!" I shouted.

"Mistress, I am okay with being whatever as long as I get to be with you," Leo responded.

Andrezey approached Leo and asked him questions about me. He also dispelled my magic illusion and Leo was in his natural form. Leo was badly hurt all over: he had a gaping hole in his stomach, some of his fingers were missing, his eyes were almost completely covered in blue blindness and his skin became an unhealthy blue color. I covered everything with my magic illusion because I couldn't heal him, but now that I took a good look at his true appearance I felt terrible for dragging him on my journey. Somebody this badly hurt was supposed to rest at home, but he was a zombie so I doubt he'd do it unless I forced him to.

"Leo thinks of you as a Goddess. He'll worship you until his end, but I don't think he's useful. Zombies have slow movements, they get hurt easily and aren't smart," Andrezey said his observation. "I know he's a gift but feel free to discard him."

"I won't ever discard him!"

"You're strange, big sister. You're defending Leo as if he were something alive, but he is already dead. He is just a thing. Zombies don't have souls, "Andrezey explained.