2. Regular, Decaf, No Milk Ghost

Life's pretty weird with a ghost following you around.

Just sayin'. 

Unless you're a necromancer, you can only see ghosts that haunt you. And non-witches can't see them all. Unfortunately I'm a necromancer. The other members of the coven know Lisa is following me but have their own ghosts to worry about. 

And on top of a thirteen-or-thirty-five-year-old disaster looking over my shoulder, summer's ending. And I need to go to school. Textbook popular girls looking like dolls compared to me with my pale skin and dark hair making me look more dead than freaking LISA. Jocks, nerds, you know the drill. I stick with the other loners and the drama kids. If I wasn't a witch I'd be an actor. Or a singer. Or something grand like that. Trouble is I think I sound like a dying cat. Anyways, I'm in the drama room, thinking I'm alone (Excluding Lisa, of course.)

I sing my heart out. Lisa's the only one can hear, and she's rolling on the floor with laughter. I don't care. I let the music freely flow through me. I feel, for once in my cursed life, free.

I'm so wrapped up in my singing that I don't notice a boy walking in. Oof. He's got chocolate hair and glasses, and the biggest, most heavenly green eyes I've ever seen. He's -dare I say it- adorable. 

"Nice singing." He grins, and I stop abruptly. I am MORTIFIED.

"Who's he?" Lisa pipes up. "He's cute!" I shush her, and realise the boy's staring at me.

"That's... nothing... um..." I stutter a little.

"I can see her too. Don't worry." Now it's Lisa's turn to look horrified. But I'm shocked too. I thought I was the only one who could see the ghosts here. Everyone think's I'm crazy... but who is this dude?

"My name's Elliot. Elliot Peranelle."

Without thinking, I almost automatically speak. "Perenelle Flamel, wife of 14th-century scribe Nicholas Flamel, also an alchemist. The pair were immortal." Curses! My knowledge of witchcraft  can be overwhelming at times. The coven leaders forced me to learn everything I could about life and death, knowing I'd be a necromancer. Pity I didn't. It's really odd knowing that everybody else is well aware of your future when you yourself don't even know what's gonna be for breakfast tommorow morning. Lily has an amused expression. She loves this.

"Impressive. A girl of knowledge." Elliot smiles and my stomach drops with infatuation. That smile. 

"I bet you say that to all the girls who know the meaning of your last name." 

Elliots shakes his head, his hair falling onto his face. "I don't meet anyone who does! Anyways, how come you can see the sarcastic poltergeist?"

Lily glares at him. "P-p-poltergeist? I'm a regular, decaf, no milk GHOST!"

"Same thing, but poltergeist's a type of ghost. A cheeky one who feeds off annoying people." Elliot explains quietly. I smirk.

"Before I answer YOUR question, how can YOU see her, ghost-boy?" I tuck a strand of hair behind my face.

"Born with it. Your turn." 

I'm about to speak when I cut myself off. Non-witches aren't supposed to know about the coven. Telling a lie's gonna catch up soon enough, but I don't really have a choice. "Same as you. Hey, why'd you come into the drama room anyways? I'm usually the only person up here."

"I heard your beautiful singing and felt like coming up," he teases. "But actually, it's cause of those ghosts."

"Oh yeah?"

"You got a problem, bud?" Lisa snaps. Elliot steps back. 

"Whoa, not with you! I just had this feeling something bad was coming."

I raise an eyebrow. 

"Anyways, I never got your name." Elliot looks at me, and I melt.

"I'm Octavia. The transparent kid's Lisa." 

"Pleasure to meet you, Octavia and Transparent Kid Lisa," he jokes, fake-bowing. He starts to leave, but Lisa tugs on his sleeve. Or rather, her hand goes through his sleeve.

"Wait! We're kinda bored. Let us help you find whatever bad thing's coming. Please?" Lisa makes the most pathetic puppy eyes I've ever seen, but it's kinda cute. Elliot shrugs. 

"I guess. Hope you're not afraid!"

"If you're not!"

This is a terrible mistake, I can feel it.