15

Dedicated to Ultamite_shicakawaii for inspiring me

Liam's POV

"Ivy ...wait!!" I yelled as I ran after her, as I went after her, I heard my name echoing,

"What the..."

*
"Wake up , your mother is around and she's at the table" Paul said as I opened my eyes taking in the sunlight that passed through the curtains.

"My mother?...where's Ivy?" I asked with a groggy tone,

"Miss Ivy and Catherine left yesterday, remember?" Paul reminded me

"Oh" I said as I wiped my face, I stood up and walked towards the mirror

"Did you just say my mother is around?" I asked as I turned to Paul who was already dressed  in a crisp black suit.

Before he could  answer, the door swung open and there before the both of us my lovely mother stood - how delightful.

"I knocked three times but it seemed no one wanted to let me in... Take  a look at the time  young man" she commanded

I rolled my eyes and glanced at the clock, it was 11:28 am, this was the longest I'd overslept in a long while.

"So tell me what time is it?" She asked sternly

"Mother, its just 11:28" I said as she clapped her hands

"Finally, he learnt how to tell time that's new...at 11:28...make that 29 minutes past 11, you're still in bed?"

"Mother, I've just been so occupied" I tried to explain how the past few days have been hectic for me, but if I did, then all hell will be let loose.

"I supposed that's why you kept sending my calls to voice mail...just have your bath and come downstairs, we've got a lot to discuss" she said as she left my room with Paul following closely behind.

I ran my hands through my bed hair, 'this is gonna be a good day' , I thought to myself as I stepped into my ridiculously large bathroom, I wonder what the person who designed this house was thinking when he made the bathroom the largest 'room' in the house.

I took out my brush and pasted it and began my morning ritual of brushing, soon I was done and I slid out of my sweat pants and hopped into the shower.

After about fifteen minutes of bathing and self admiration, I stepped into my walk in closet and took out a grey suit and adorned it on my body.

Its been a while I wore a suit but my mom could be difficult so to be safe I'd wear something she'd approve of.

I walked down the hallway to meet my mom who was quite agitated due to the fact she had been waiting for me.

"Finally!" She said as I took my seat beside her,the maids came out from the kitchen to serve breakfast, after both of us had our meals served my mother spoke up

"I hope you know the ceremony comes up in the next two weeks and your father and I need you to be home at least three days before"

"I'll try my best to be there, but no promises" I said as I munched on my pancake

"Why don't you feel the need to be around your family, I mean why do you always like traveling and going far?"she asked as her voice started breaking

"mother, its not because of what you're thinking... I love you all, but I just can't stay home... I want to build a name for myself and that's what I'm doing" I said cupping her hands, she chuckled as she played with my hair

"My baby is all grown up now, " she said as she pinched my cheeks, I gave her a big hug and she hugged me back, we both knew we missed each other but we didn't want to admit it, after all actions speak louder than words.

.
.
.
.
************************************
Sorry for the slow updates, I'm having tests next week and I'm trying to balance studying and writing.

So you guys saw a little family moment.

Anyway, its a  day to Halloween, so the question of the day is.....

What are you going as ?

Hugs and candyfloss
Arikay12