All the adults were in the dining room and we all were just having conversations among ourselves and watching the football game right now.

The doorbell rung when I was getting up to get another plate of rotel so I went ahead and answered it. I opened the door and no one was there but when I looked down I seen multiple roses on my pavement.

I knew who the roses were from which was why I didn't show to much gratitude but the roses were beautiful that I can admit

I grabbed the roses and began to bring them in by twos and place them by my door. As I was doing so Joy seen me and came over to me curiously. "These are from him" she asked. "Yes", I said with a roll of the eyes. Was this supposed to be his apology? He had me going for over two weeks thinking he liked me when in reality he was still with his babymother.

The day of the cookout my mood was ruined because I really thought he was different. That was a lie though. My thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

"Kaceyyyyy it's for you" I heard Nick yell from the door. I laughed at his childish ways and walked to the front.

My laughter ended when I seen Dave standing at the door looking pitiful. I turned around walking back towards my living room when Dave picked me up and placed me over his shoulder back out the door.

"Let me gooooo" I started punching his back.

"Chill out I just wanna talk mamas" he threw me into his car placing his door on child lock and closing it.

I frustratedly folded my arms and leaned back into the seat.

Once he got in he looked over me with a mug on his face.

"Why you make me do all that? You know you don't weigh 100 pounds right?" he asked. I just sat there ignoring him and looking out the window.

He grabbed my chin turning it so I was looking at him.

"I'm sorry" he looked over my face with sad eyes.

"Yeah I bet" I scoffed yanking my head out of his grasp.

He pushed his seat back before leaning over and grabbing me and placing me in his lap. "Can you let me explain myself mamas" he looked up at me. I rolled my eyes because he knew that nickname gets me every time.

"Go ahead" I gave in. "Me and her don't date she's just Kairi's mother and she makes it her business to tell people she's my girlfriend" he said. "Bullshit. I've been through this before and I don't think my heart can it anymore. but I'm sorry I thought we could pursue somethi- he cut off my ranting by meeting his lips with mine.